Price of the software

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2012
Price of the software

Hi everyone!
I was wondering how much Nuke cost, i searched the site and didnt find anything. Also what are the good tutorials to get the foundations needed to start out on this software?

07 July 2012
go to the foundry site, click on products->nuke->buy and you see the pricing
or go to a site of a reseller and look there

good tutorial are on the foundry site itself and i hear very good things about the courses from fxphd

07 July 2012
Rob Nederhorst is my all time favourite when it comes to Nuke And V-ray too if you're interested.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/category/97/

07 July 2012
Thanks i could not find the price... i heard this relies on alot of plugins.. are those very expensive too? And are they very important?

Thanks for the tutorial links.. might go with the ones on the site and the gnomon one.

07 July 2012
I'm not sure about plug ins. Since I'm only using it for animation. But from Rob's tutorial, he doesn't use anything fancy either. He use Python to create expression and combined existing nodes together into something new. Definitely check him out.

Keep in mind tho that his earlier tutorial are on older version of nukes. But the ideas are still the same

And there are communities that share those combined nodes/scripts. Here's one. Very useful. http://www.nukepedia.com/

Rob uses RV player. It's a movie player that looks super sweet. But expensive.

07 July 2012
so, because you cant read an normal webpage i'll give the price for you:
nuke 4900USD (including 1year maintance+support, will cost you the next year 1100USD)
nukeX 8000USD (including 1year maintance+support, will cost you the next year 1400USD)

you can do alot of stuff without any plugins. there are some nice plugins out there but it really depends on what your doing if you need them. nice once are peregrine bokeh or frischluft lenscare for really nice DoF effects. the the other plugins from the foundry (occula for stereo work, rolling shutter, furnace) are great too, but you need them only on special problems.

a list with plugins can also be found on the foundry site : http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/nuke/plug-ins/

07 July 2012
Thanks i could not find the price...

pingking i think you misunderstood my reply.. I meant to say thanks for pointing out where it was, cause i couldnt find it before. your reply helped me find it.

But thanks for all the other info.. i recognize some of the same plugins for after affects.

07 July 2012
sorry, i really misread your post

07 July 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread