Dragon fight, Andree Wallin (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2009
It dosn't get more cinematic than this! You did an awesome job on the composition.
I absolutely love this piece. Congrats!

04 April 2009
Astonishing!

04 April 2009
who doesn't like dragons?

nice composition.

Creature Academy Kickstarter: http://tinyurl.com/93rxf7s

and

personal: http://frogchildren.com/Samples.htm

04 April 2009
call me a party pooper...

Call me a composition party pooper but...

The dragon seems to heavy/bulky for a dragon, maybe it's because the image is so confined, or it's the view point.

In regards to the soldiers, two of them, on the left side, seem to be completely unaware they are about to be fried, or out of pose for a dragon attack... it just seems out of context for an image that's suppose to be modern soldiers vs. a dragon. Shouldn't they be crouching or more aware? I know the speed of the dragon is an issue, but some of the guys had enogh warning to get a targeted missile off.

Last, and it's hard to tell due to the view point, but the wing position, vs location, vs height from ground don't seem to jive. The telephone pole seems to close in relation to the wing span... but all of this is related to not knowing where the action is coming from, and what the surrounding area is like.

I'm curious if you considered the layout of this part of a city/town and any placement of soldiers vs. dragon before composing the final image?

Yes, I am anal, I'm in engineering... so its difficult to step back from the nitty gritty sometimes.

I'm also a hobbiest/dabbling artist so you can take my comments lightly, they are related to trying to learn about composition and understanding what other people do to create their work... I'm not trying to be a jerk.

In regards to textures, lighting, the dark foreground, I think you did a real nice job...

Thank you for sharing your work... I do like it.

~Mike

04 April 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread