Cant load BHV files to a Biped

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Cant load BVH files to a Biped

I am using 3dsmax 2010 and every time i try to load a motion capture file (at biped panel in motion tab) i get the same error message:
"The following track names were found in the file and are unrecognized by Biped: ..."
"The following required tracks are missing from your .bhv file: ..."
"[bhv file name] An error ocurred while loading this file"

The bhv files i am trying to load are from the following link:

https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/cmu-bvh-conversion

After search for a solution (google), i downloaded a Marker Name File (MNM file) and use the biped command "Load Marker Name File" before load the bhv: no success.

I've watched in youtube various videos where the people load bhv files to biped without problems...

What am i missing?

Thanks for help.

Last edited by FonteBoa : 11 November 2012 at 04:40 PM.

11 November 2012
This doesn`t work for you?

https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed....motion-database

Tutorial:
http://vimeo.com/4449838

11 November 2012
Not all BVH files use the same names and hierarchies.
Character Studio uses one, other softwares use anothers.
You can edit BVH files with notepad and rename its components.
Best

11 November 2012
I've tried load those bhv files in another machine, same 3ds max version (2010), with success: tomorrow i'll access again the "problematic" machine and will install service pack 2. I think this can be the problems reason, since 3dsmax 2010 yet wasnt updated.. I'll post the results here.

Thanks for the reply.

11 November 2012
At that "problematic" machine, i've installed all 3dsmax 2010 service packs and hot fixes, but i yet cant load any of those cgspeed bvh into a biped. :(

At my home machine, no problems. Now the only difference between both instalations is that at home i am running 3dsmax 2010 64-bits (windows 7) and the trouble is happening in a machine running 3dsmax 2010 32-bits (windows xp)...

Maybe someone running max 2010 32-bits can try to load one cgspeed bhv file just to test...

I copied all the bip, bhv etc motion files that come with max 2010 2nd disc ("sample files for Autodesk 3dsmax 2010") and i had no problem opening these bhv files into a biped! Really annoying...

--------------

Mgernot, thanks for the links, but it doesnt work to me. At vimeo video you point to me, the Motion Capture Parameter Conversion window (show at 2'37" of that video) doesnt open to me and the process of loading the bhv ends with a error message ("An error ocurred while loading this file").

It seems there is a name convention problem and biped is unable to make the conversion.

Fferro2, i was waiting not have to rename the components, since at home in a 3dsmax 2010 64 bits i can load the bvh without problems... I found a documentation about this:
https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed....t-specification
I'll have to read this with attention to understand how to proceed... Any advices are welcome.

--------------------

ps: i've just found another problem. 3ds max 2013 was just installed at my work machine (32 bits) and the problem is there too (impossible to load cgspeed bvh files into a biped)!!!

Last edited by FonteBoa : 11 November 2012 at 04:41 PM.

11 November 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread