CGTalk > Techniques > Character Rigging
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
tt9426
New Member
portfolio
lonely
Chicago, USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Help me!where to buy rig??

I want to buy some rig for animation,but I don't konw which website could offer.
who can tell me?
 
Old 04-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
gagex2z
PRO
portfolio
gagex2z
Tampa, USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt9426
I want to buy some rig for animation,but I don't konw which website could offer.
who can tell me?


It depends onw hat you're lookign for. Creativecrash has some good ones. Alot of human rigs are free. but if you want a specefic character or art style. you need to be more specefic.

To my knowledge there is no buyfreerigs.com or anything that sells rigs for all softwares of all kinds.
 
Old 04-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
tt9426
New Member
portfolio
lonely
Chicago, USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagex2z
It depends onw hat you're lookign for. Creativecrash has some good ones. Alot of human rigs are free. but if you want a specefic character or art style. you need to be more specefic.

To my knowledge there is no buyfreerigs.com or anything that sells rigs for all softwares of all kinds.


Thank you very much! But, I don't find rigs I like in Creativecrash.
In fact, I want to buy rigs for MAYA animator's demo reel, and won't use them for commercial purpose.
 
Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
gagex2z
PRO
portfolio
gagex2z
Tampa, USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt9426
Thank you very much! But, I don't find rigs I like in Creativecrash.
In fact, I want to buy rigs for MAYA animator's demo reel, and won't use them for commercial purpose.


If you want a specific character rig then the best route to go might be getting a rigger to rig a model for you or getting an artist to make a custom model and then rig it.

I've done both before as freelance jobs.

The benefit of this route is that you can choose what features you want for the rig similarly to how the animators in production get to correspond with the TD departments and get their wishlist in.

If you want to consider that route and would like to discuss my services in making a custom rig for you please feel free to shoot me a private message or an email.

I'd prefer to keep threads in this section information based and not get into job discussions outside of PM's or private discussions, but that might be a route to consider.
 
Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,066,478
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.