CGTalk > Techniques > Anatomy and Figurative Art > Tutorials and Workshops
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 03-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #121
Jakob L.
Fantasy Illustrator;
Jacob
Denmark

does someone know where I can upload a zip file that lasts for a long while..

I have to renew the zip file ;b

Last edited by Jacob L. : 03-17-2006 at 08:48 PM.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #122
michael-olszak
Art Hobbiyst
portfolio
Michael Olszak
Netherlands

Send a message via MSN to michael-olszak
either you own domain (ftp) or one of those On line free web space providers. you should be able to find one via google i think.

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

Old 04-23-2006, 02:33 AM   #123
Rebeccak
Anatomy Forum Leader

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Rebecca Kimmel
Founder + Owner
Korpus School of Art + Gallery
Los Angeles, USA

For you Nebezial fans out there, check out:

SPOTLIGHT ARTIST: Best of Nebezial
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...60&page=1&pp=15

Where I'm currently in the process of assembling just the tutorial material from these threads.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 04-25-2006 at 09:43 PM.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:41 PM   #124
slangford
i dont like the sun.....

portfolio
Sean Langford
Senior Artist
GreenGrass Studios
Dallas, USA

Congratulations Nebezial ! You now officially... kick ass!! Rock on man!

Old 05-16-2006, 07:42 AM   #125
michael-olszak
Art Hobbiyst
portfolio
Michael Olszak
Netherlands

yeah man. congrats. (sorry for my late reaction).

Sketchbook

Old 06-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #126
ceresz
"Wannabe"
portfolio
Kevin Kihlander
Uppsala, Sweden

Send a message via MSN to ceresz
Nebezial : More, plz

"you can't see until you learn how to open your eyes"

Old 06-05-2006, 05:26 AM   #127
Aldarion
Tinkerer

portfolio
Mario Maruska
Compositor
MPC
London, United Kingdom

True true... It's always sad when we see a thread like this go silent for such a long while. Great work you've done for the challenges though. Anyway, If you ever feel like teaching us another bit of your magic, do so. We're waiting for it, you know !

Old 06-05-2006, 02:21 PM   #128
michael-olszak
Art Hobbiyst
portfolio
Michael Olszak
Netherlands

i have to agree with Aldarion.

Haven't head anything from Neb anymore which is really too bad. i guess the dude is really bussy these days.
Yo Neb. will you be making the vid tut anywhere soon?? we are really waiting for you man.

cheers.

Sketchbook

Old 06-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #129
CodeFather
Vertex Bee

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Martin Punchev
Character artist
Sofia, Bulgaria

Great thread!!! Thank you Nebezial for doing this, you are great!

This is a character design I,ve done a couple of months earlier, it's actually my second one. C&C are welcome

CONCEPT BEHIND THE CREATURE(I'm not sure if I translated the story correctly;however, in Bulgarian it sounds good )

In the early years, before life existed, the Earth was peaceful and quiet. The secret experiments, whose goal was the creation of an artificial intellect, resulted in the creation of the First – a robot, who proved that he was not only an intelligent machine but also an intelligent creature with soul. The breakthrough of the new technical revolution resulted in a quick spread of the C/Fe* concepts; they turned into a new culture, and, at the end, humans and robots became equal. The break out of a war was a matter of time, a war which led to the downfall of both earth dominants. Before the complete disappearance of the robots, however, they created an organic form of life, which would take their place. This was their goal since the time of the First. ( Truth №1 from the synthesis of the Prophets:”…and will come the day, when we shall throw off our metal shells, and we shall live in flesh and bones, perfect…” ). That is how the Animus (animus**), The Perfect ones were created. Animus – „ a spirit of revenge”, a creature genetically gifted with exceptional intelligence, strength and adaptation skills. He quickly became the conqueror of the Earth. It did not take him long to conquer the neighboring planets. They were an unstoppable force spread in the whole cosmos. The few survivors of the human race were fighting tenaciously for their survival, but little by little their resistance subdued. Due to the endless battles against the Perfect, thick clouds of dust covered the sun and the remands of the planet Earth became a hostile place for every living thing…..
„The Seventh Wave” was the most ferocious, as we know from the great books of wars, but it created a hero – Kalakar – The Tamer. He managed to tame one of the perfect. Together they made a lot of exploits. Later they participated in the wars for freedom, where they found their deaths. Their death made people realize, that in fact they are the true creatures of the planet Earth. And the planet led them into a final battle for life. She ward of the Animus. The planet Earth was wounded, but free … alone in the all universe.
1. Environment (the surrounding world): the Earth after the destructive wars. Thick shield of poisonous gases and dust had surrounded the Earth. It did not let the sun rays in, and most of the plants and animals vanished. Almost all of the water basins were damaged. The shaken ecosystem and the huge cataclysms turned the planet into a dark place, covered with bare rocks, dust, and gases.
2. Characteristics and adjustments to the living environment. The Animus is gifted with exceptional intelligence and insidiousness. This, in combination with their hard Hit tine cover, horn-like formation, regenerated abilities and their unusually quick adjustment to different life conditions. They were able to survive at places where life was almost impossible. Their structure and the way they moved were created after long-lasting researches. To achieve this, the robots studied the most successful forms of life on the planet.
3. Personality: The Kalakar’s Animus is an example that every rule has its exceptions. To tame a Perfect is practically impossible because their hatred toward humans and everything alive is genetically registered. This turned them into the last revenge of the robots (they created a life to take lives). There are many scientific studies trying to unbridle the reasons why the Kalakar’s Animus became attached to a human, but one thing is known for certain – this whim of nature will never be unraveled. Attachment is a weak word when we speak of a tamed perfect who confronted his entire race to protect a human.
• C/Fe culture: the name came from C – the chemical symbol for Carbon – the basis of everything living; Fe-iron, the building material of the robots. A term used from the contemporary science fiction writers when they depict the mutual life of humans and robots.
• ** Animus : The Latin word Animus means „spirit; soul”. The same word in English means „animosity”. The name combines in itself the main purpose of robots – to create their „spirited” heirs of flesh and bones and „animosity” – a possibility for them to revenge to the human race.

I hope you like it Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Animus_page-compressed.jpg (78.7 KB, 326 views)

Old 06-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #130
killermachine
rules are only roads

portfolio
Amrinder Singh Nagi
Freelancer
Drool Design
New Delhi, India

Send a message via MSN to killermachine Send a message via Yahoo to killermachine
Thumbs up wow

wateva i hav to say for younebz has already been siad by others.how long did it took u to master ur tablet?ur work is quite inspiring.
code father ur idea is really cool

Old 07-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #131
architectus
Frequenter

portfolio
Neil Fontaine Neil Fontaine
Vallejo, USA

bird-man

Inspiring!

Bird-man evolved on a distant planet. On this planet insects evolved into something similar to reptiles, but they have six legs. As on earth reptiles evolved into birds, the forlimbs became wings, on this planet the forlimbs became wings. This left them with two arms, two legs, and two wings. In time the environment disabled the use of wings. No longer being able to fly, he needed to defend himself, thus he used his wings as weapons. In time the wings evolved into battering-long-arms. The tips are made of hard bone.

He evoloved into a humaniod, because the humaniod form is the natural form intelligent life forms evolve into. On his planet he is now a super-hero dressed in a suit that is sprayed on the skin. It protects his skin.

This thread inspired me, so I came up with bird-man. I did a quick sketch then quickly painted in shapes in painter, artistist oils.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #132
Swizec
portfolio
Swizec
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Great thread, thanks so much for this tutorial, it will prove very very helpful in the future.

Plus the art was simply gorgeous to look at.

Old 08-15-2006, 09:53 AM   #133
michael-olszak
Art Hobbiyst
portfolio
Michael Olszak
Netherlands

Hey Neb. R u still alive man? Will you continue this thread in the future? A lot of people would appriciate it a lot.

Let us know anything man
Thanks.

Sketchbook

Old 10-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #134
trence5
Frequenter

Send a message via Yahoo to trence5
Quote:
Originally Posted by architectus
Inspiring!

Bird-man evolved on a distant planet. On this planet insects evolved into something similar to reptiles, but they have six legs. As on earth reptiles evolved into birds, the forlimbs became wings, on this planet the forlimbs became wings. This left them with two arms, two legs, and two wings. In time the environment disabled the use of wings. No longer being able to fly, he needed to defend himself, thus he used his wings as weapons. In time the wings evolved into battering-long-arms. The tips are made of hard bone.

He evoloved into a humaniod, because the humaniod form is the natural form intelligent life forms evolve into. On his planet he is now a super-hero dressed in a suit that is sprayed on the skin. It protects his skin.

This thread inspired me, so I came up with bird-man. I did a quick sketch then quickly painted in shapes in painter, artistist oils.

Nice work! Is this the finished version?

Old 10-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #135
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread