Secret Agent Entry: Daniel Bayona

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2009
Thumbs up

Great Painting. I love the mood and suspense you created on your painting. Good luck!!

My website

My Twitter

08 August 2009
wow you've done. very nice and also thrilling. best of luck.

08 August 2009
Hey Daniel,

Congrats for your great finish. Love your image, awesome mood, really great achived with the lights of the lamps and the night through the window . You freezed a dramatic instant, and I can feel that drama and action in your image. Great details on the concept, the camera is a superb touch and puts the intrigue note in the concept and the story. Great work!! And now time for a lot of "aguardientico" and tequila shots!! Cheers my friend!!

08 August 2009
Nice final Your concept fits well into the agent theme, but it could be a good gangster scene as well

08 August 2009
Piktor, danky, apumia, Ferx ( pero claro mi hermano ) and MartinNielsen thank u very much for ur kind words and feedback. I wasn't particulary happy with the end result so means a lot.

Im not happy with the result because i thing i got caught in a style trap, a wrong aproach, trying to do a super detailed image that doesn't have line work but only paint became pretty hard for me mostly by the fact that line work helps always to provide a sense of motion and extra expression ..is not only with the line work but the brush strokes as well and actually more important..i totally lost control of brush 'freshness" in the moment i used 3d elements as a base ..i kind of gave myself a bunch rules and limits ..with no free obvious thick brush strokes things feel more frozen and stiff than usual. and it is like a snow ball, you go all detail and sharp perfect finishing over here and then over there now looks unfinished and so on. And my style and limitations i don't think work well with that approach. ..anyway .it was fun.
The best works in my opinion are those that capture light, expression and the feeling of time with a few brushstrokes and lines . long way to get there!

cheers!

08 August 2009
bigger size version

08 August 2009
Nicely done. Very stylezied. Reminds me of art deco style rather than retro you've post earlier as inspiration.
Good luck!

08 August 2009
Thumbs up

Hi Daniel

First and all congratulation only finish this kind of challenge is a reward and you do very good, I like a lot your final analysis of your work this auto-critics make you grow very quick like artist, is true what you say to paint over 3D this happen to me too, and if I can say some of C&C of the final image you do, is they need more fine detail and texture for the size (to big) or like you say line and more plain gouache style colors like European comic artists Tardi, Torres or Jimenez, but the overall result in colors, atmosphere and composition your image are very very good, thanks for your support and now you have a friend in Venezuela, bye.

Good Luck.

Un abrazo y espero nos volvamos a encontrar en el proximo challenge.

S.

08 August 2009
hi,you did a good job mate!really nice,good luck
all the best!!

08 August 2009
Thank you Demitsuri, sadrack and diissar, thanks for the comments.

sadrack, i agree with you in the need of texture and line. i guess it all depends on which style you pick. next time

08 August 2009
I love the nostalgic feel to it, good luck with your entry!

08 August 2009
Thumbs up Original!

Hi chilombiano!
Your Job is Awesome!
Very original style, original concept of the agents and situation!
I like it very much!
Like ShogunWarrior said, a very creative piece!
Good luck on the contest!

marianof83

09 September 2009
where is my thread?!

09 September 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread