Medieval Airport

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by marcom: only one conceptual crit: why would someone build an airport in the midst of nothing? i think there should be a town/settlement somewhere next to it. especially if you consider that travelling wasn't that easy in the medieval times... even with balloons.

Some things never change - can't you tell these balloons belong to a budget outfit?

You don't see any in-flight jousting, or banquets, right? The passengers are all below decks in steerage, and those pilots' uniforms look a little ragged to me.

There's a totally different scene going on forty five miles away at Schleswig-Holstein City International Airport, which is right the centre of town. Only a day's donkey cart ride away, but then it costs thirty florins more to fly into there from Delft. You could buy the hand of a fair maiden for that, and still have change left over for a chunk of Philosphers' stone.

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by dan22: There's a totally different scene going on forty five miles away at Schleswig-Holstein City International Airport, which is right the centre of town. Only a day's donkey cart ride away, but then it costs thirty florins more to fly into there from Delft. You could buy the hand of a fair maiden for that, and still have change left over for a chunk of Philosphers' stone.

hmmm, but with the philosophers' stone in yer posession... you could fly own your own!!!

cheers
marcom

03 March 2005
Wonderful work! I love that the leonard-esque ideas of how power is generated are matched to a very renaissance visual style. Congrats on the win.

Master and Servant Challenge

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by marcom: hmmm, but with the philosophers' stone in yer posession... you could fly own your own!!!

Hey, marcom, there's the subject for the next Challenge !

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by dan22: Hey, marcom, there's the subject for the next Challenge !

"flying without moving"?

cheers marcom

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by marcom: "flying without moving"?

wouldn't that be jamiroquai's 'travelling without moving'?

congrats on the first place! well deserved! reminds me of the FMV-sequences of Final Fantasy IX! should be on the front page!

03 March 2005
This is very nice work Brinda... Brilliant concept and execution...

03 March 2005
beautifull!!!

03 March 2005
Thanks again everyone. Here are a few more angles and some wireframes/non-textured views...

-Dave

03 March 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread