Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 03-21-2013, 03:04 AM   #16
phloog
Explorer
portfolio
jim Todd
coloma, US

Sure, Maxon is aligned with Adobe, but for all you people knocking Autodesk, I need to point out that they have now released THREE separate new features sneak peeks for Max 2014.

Feature 1: You can actually navigate in the viewports
Feature 2: You can automatically create crowds of people milling about
Feature 3: You can now access features of MR that they neglected to open up years ago

Take that, all you competitors with your fluids and your tight integration and all your other fancy nonsense!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #17
CHRiTTeR
On the run!

Chris
Graphic designer extraordinaire
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloog
Sure, Maxon is aligned with Adobe, but for all you people knocking Autodesk, I need to point out that they have now released THREE separate new features sneak peeks for Max 2014.

Feature 3: You can now access features of MR that they neglected to open up years ago

Take that, all you competitors with your fluids and your tight integration and all your other fancy nonsense!

I hope you were being sarcastic

Old 03-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #18
cakesodainitiative
portfolio
Cake Soda
Sodatown, USA

as long as Adobe doesn't forego continuing to add features with other 3D apps competing with maxon's app. I venture to say there is a larger percentage of people using AE do not use C4D as their 3D app of choice. Pretty much a fact. Adobe needs to keep that in mind.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #19
DuttyFoot
Expert

stephen curah
USA

I think its good news that adobe and maxon will be working together. my co worker uses c4d plus the adobe tools so he will really enjoy this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloog

i am so excited that today is friday, but i am really looking forward to monday, tue, and wed. already preparing myself for the megathreads with the typical back and forth complaints and applause on what was and wasn't done in 2014.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #20
pipdixel
Frequenter

portfolio
JTK
USA

Just got interested in C4D again. I use AE so much these days. If they included C4D on the cloud subscription ... not that that'll happen, I don't think the numbers would work.... It would change the game on 3d and who does it for motion and video. My facility is already going to Premiere just because of the sheer availability with Cloud and Adobe's new pricing. Just food for thought...

Old 03-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #21
Swahn
Expert

Daniel Swahn
Sweden

I just feel that After Effects is in desperate need of proper 3d support, preferably native 3d features that actually work for professional 3d people, not some newbie who find extruded texts with reflections to be "advanced graphics".

C4D got nice navigational functionality. I wish AE would act more like a 3d software in terms of navigation when it comes to working with the 3d space inside AE. Bad visual feedback and clumsy navigation/UI never gives you the efficiency needed so quickly focus on the things you need to focus on inside the 3d environment.

Personally I feel that the limited 3d functionality in AE is really crippling the software's potential. Working with real imported meshes and see their geometry as real volumetric objects would be immense help, not only with motion graphics in general, but for VFX as well.

But I feel that there are quite a few other aspects that really need to be fixed to make the overall AE experience a good one, but I'm not going to post my list of "want in AE". At least not this time

I do hope that Adobe will produce proper useful 3d functionality sometime soon.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #22
DuttyFoot
Expert

stephen curah
USA

Quote:
Personally I feel that the limited 3d functionality in AE is really crippling the software's potential. Working with real imported meshes and see their geometry as real volumetric objects would be immense help, not only with motion graphics in general, but for VFX as well.

hopefully with the partnership this will soon be possible

Old 03-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #23
runejw
errr... wussup?!...

portfolio
Rune J. W.
Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airflow
Well I heard rumors a couple of years ago that Adobe were working on their own 3DCC, that has not really emerged. I hope they don't merge as C4d is better served by Maxon.
Yes... look what happened to Macromedia Extreme 3D ... hardly even remembered in the history of 3D apps ...

Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #24
strangerthings
Expert

A Roberts
Kingston upon Thame, United Kingdom

I've been thinking about this and I suspect it's going to involve Dynamic linked C4D and aep files.

How awesome would that be.

Model something in C4D animate it with cameras and dynamically add that to an AEP. change in AE and it's instantly reflected in cinema and vice versa.

Camera control is the main thing.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread