CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Roberto Ortiz
Illustrator/ Modeler
Washington DC, USA

Send a message via MSN to RobertoOrtiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielh68
Just curious, could someone supply a link to the Facebook page for Daily Sketch? I'm having problems finding it.

Also, I kind of like the idea of no time limits. It's not really a race or competition and it's not measured or recorded in any way. Personally, if I can produce something on a daily basis, I feel I have accomplished something.

I post on facebook, the problem is that it is not a permanent link.
Also another problem we are getting with facebook is that we get hundreds of hits per link, BUt people seem to be afraid to post.
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 07-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #17
CarlS
PRO
portfolio
Carl Sanden
Starving Artist
Seattle, USA

I don't post often but I do check in often and really have enjoyed seeing peoples skills improve over the years.

Here are a few ideas that maybe could help generate more traffic.

-Eliminate the time limits on Themed Daily Sketches as stated already. Too much stress.

-Weekly Speed Sketch thread: No topic or maybe the topic is about a certain workflow/technique/style? Just need a place where people can upload really quick sketches that others can add to, give advice or redo in there own style. This might help create themes for the following weeks NTL Sketches.

-Weekly User Sketch thread: Maybe ask or have a user volunteer each week to start a thread that they make the rules. They could pick a theme or do a tutorial or just upload some older sketches that they want others to comp over/critique.

-Not sure if this would function poorly but maybe just do 1 post at the beginning of each week with the themes for the week and everyone posts to that 1 thread for that week. Makes for a longer thread which seems to draw people in.

-Maybe you can do an editors choice thread that you pull favorites of the previous weeks work into that is also a long continuous thread. I'd like to see a mega thread of Daily Sketches for each year that only you can post to. Maybe that leads to a voting contest with a prize at the end of the year?

Basically make your job a bit easier with 1 day of topic posting and just moderate the rest of the days. Make the threads longer which seems to draw more people in to participate and saves us from having to click in and out of a bunch of different threads when the critiques and advices can be applied universally.

Hope some of that is helpful.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #18
RobertoOrtiz
[Forum Leader]

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Roberto Ortiz
Illustrator/ Modeler
Washington DC, USA

Send a message via MSN to RobertoOrtiz
Carl has some fantastic ideas.

What do you guys think?
-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 07-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #19
AbsorbentGhost
3ds max and maya
portfolio
Valentious Williams
Freelance airbrush artist
Saint Lucia

I agree

-Eliminate the time limits on Themed Daily Sketches as stated already.
agreed , and some time i have no clue which one is currently active .To much browsing to find the right thread. It would be great if the challenge could have a spot on the front page , so people actually know there is something going on here. Simple Click and ure in the right thread .

reply share thread