CGTalk > Techniques > Animation
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 05-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
ndh
portfolio
Germany

Good/promising scientific papers on animation

From time to time, I go through the SIGGRAPH papers on animation, watch their videos, and skim through the PDFs. They cover interesting topics like generating motion through optimization, implementing different kinds of constraints, extracting motion by training controllers, motion retargeting, analyzing and extracting the style of a motion, physically correct or plausible animation etc. However, most of the time the results are ... kind of lacking, and I can't help but doubt that any of it will ever be used by anyone. Now, I don't want to badmouth anyone, and I don't think these scientists suck at what they do. Producing decent animation is a really, really hard problem. Am I looking at these papers the wrong way? Like judging books by their cover?

I believe one of the few papers I've seen that has decent animation is Continuous Character Control with Low-Dimensional Embeddings. Any other goodies?

Old 05-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread