BERT-- an animated short

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2002
Quote: Originally posted by GRMac13

Oops, you forgot that one. Just thought I'd remind you.

"<i>the author's neglect of the story results in a potentially offensive message</i>" is not equal to "I am offended by this short."

08 August 2002
Hi feefunk!

You're the 21st person to ask me that!

Wow! i didn't know my cousin could stir such reactions!!

Name is Meg

08 August 2002
Your cousin !?!

That's a nice picture. Did you take it?

Wigaru Wiyamoto...I gotta say, love the image in your icon.

Last edited by jcramos : 08 August 2002 at 06:04 PM.

08 August 2002
I like the fact that the story expresses meaning to the importance of family. I don't think that the animation moves away from the notion of family, this is the kind of animation that I would like to show my kids, once I get married and have them

If they get confused and start jumping to other conclusions about the story's meanings, I'd be there to teach them the positive worthwhile meaning I found in this story, to avoid prejudice, conflict, bla bla bla.

I like the fact that everyone here is so open to express what they really want to write. I hope it always remains a constructive forum, otherwise it does get very boring.

I think censorship would be an issue here if there were 12-year-old members, or if it concerned racial or religious matters that are quite offensive. Am I wrong on that one?
I still think that "Bert" is a very entertaining animation, nothing more, nothing less. If the author wanted to make a statement with it, I guess I missed it, and am not concerned about it.
I just wanted to watch and have fun.

If I later found out that it somehow attacked my personal creed, I would deal with that issue somehow, but not here. I don't think I could achieve anything by dealing with such an issue here. I thought this was an artist's forum.

Check out the Latinamerican Thread

08 August 2002
top notch.

Last edited by facial : 02 February 2003 at 04:14 AM.

02 February 2003
Digging up some of the classics, please send me a higher res image for the gallery

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Keep it up amazing work bud!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - which you are now placed

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the .psd file

salud

02 February 2003
yes, lil! finally!

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread