Animation Session 7 : Suspense - June 28 > July 20

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2004
Quote: agree with Kricket that the first shot is a little hard to identify. I still can't really tell what's going on there, even after your description of the bell.
don't let me confuse you guys
hehe the thing hanging off that rope.. is the skiff that Cailin is in being pulled by the larger fishing boat that the camera is currently viewing from. the bell only makes an appearance in the story.. not the actual animation.

The story that i wrote above comes before the entire animation that i have up there... i might have made it confusing by having her wake up again :\... another reason to plan!!.. you guys might end up thinking shes a narcoleptic or something

as for the cheek.. it's something that was in there from the start.. even from the original character design.. my entire family has freckles.. especially one of my sisters and i knew she'd like it... i dont think they were pulled off too successfully for now but, hell its my first

about the eyes.. yeah i had a bit of trouble with those as well.. the sticky idea sounds good but id have to try it out a few times just because i dont want her eyes to seem all gunked up (even though shes just waking up and her eyes probably would be) i worry that it might take a bit away from the cuteness of the character (i need as much help as i can get.. i cant seem to render anything well with my wacom anymore)

a major problem that i seem to be having (*cough* poor planning *cough*) is that there isnt much congruity between how the boat is moving from shot to shot... i think i might just leave this as it is and start on a new project because i don't believe that the other shots i had planned would add all that much to the final result

shot list: X = completed and composited
Title Shot Cailin
Lightning
Far Shot (above)
Near Front of Boat
Boat Passes Camera and goes to right trailing small boat
Shot From Deck of Big Boat back to small boat X
Shot of Front of small boat.. Rope taut then snaps X
Boat spins around wildly X
Boat bounces down hard waking girl up X
Blinks Open X
Girl looks up from under blanket
slides up, blinks in light looks worried.. Looks petrified
Shot Past Head At Boat Far Away

(possible shots)
turns back... big wave
turns back... big talons (griffin?)
turns back... rollerduck

movies i need to watch for reference:
Master & Commander
Finding Nemo (strangely enough not for any water or fish scenes but specifically when nemo wakes father at the beginning)

The Rescuers (Penny) & Rescuers Down Under (kickass Marahute scene Glen Keane you ROCK!)
Perfect Storm

Last edited by mmkelly011881 : 07 July 2004 at 06:05 AM.

07 July 2004
Nice job to everyone who joined!

Announcing the new session in a bit , see you all there!

Ali

07 July 2004
Here be my final WIP No frames to spare, even had to take out one small shot (hand reaching towards bed)

http://demented3d.com/suspense/mksuspense-wipd.mov (2.26 meg Sorenson3)

Any night owls have some last min crits for me?

Last edited by Kricket : 07 July 2004 at 09:04 AM.

07 July 2004
Final

Here's my final

http://www.geocities.com/thetoonima...pense_small.mov

Thanks a lot for everyone's comments!

Good idea in the first place Sheep Factory .

07 July 2004
HAHAHA great job everyone... definitely like those improvements kricket and rooster

kricket great improvement on the camerawork.. only thing i'd change is i feel that he (the "monster") waits for too long at the end of the hallway..

rooster.. great improvement as well.. i really dig the end... only thing i'd change is the glasses feel like they have 0 weight to them in the last shot

07 July 2004
So.....

What happened to this thread? Where is everyone's finished animations?

Or even WIPs?

Hello?

07 July 2004
Rooster i cant see yours. Must be a geocities problem :(

Last edited by SheepFactory : 07 July 2004 at 05:38 PM.

07 July 2004
Yeah, seems to go on & off every couple of hours.

Excellent

07 July 2004
Well, this sample is the next part of the animation i began

http://dg1.dave.free.fr/dragon02.mov

I thought that i wouldn't be in rules with my animation, 'cause suspens is not an important part of it. But i can't resist to finish it (and post it on the thread). i hope you'll call me to order if you think this is out of place, thanx.

David

07 July 2004
tighten up (shorten) those sniffs and eye bulges at the beginning

why does he jump willingly under the dragon's foot?

07 July 2004
Hi Davee,

How about at the start you see the dragon in the distance so it looks really small (And the knight looks much bigger), then the knight goes through his preparation, jumps/runs to attack... then realises how big the dragon is! (Or if you want to go for a humorous piece, you could pull out from the knight doing his posturing/showing off to show this massive dragon looking completely unimpressed/bored....?)

Nice squash & stretch on the knight. Did you have to hand-animate that part or is the rig stretchy?

07 July 2004
Hi,

mmkelly011881,
The knight is not under the dragon foot. This is the camera view perspective. i will show you an other view with the next part. It is not so obvious with this view.

rooster,
Yes, very good idea. It's and idea i will surely develop later. A dragon who's not impressed by knight ...(Well you know the knight i did is not so impressive ), that's a good idea.

First and second part both : http://dg1.dave.free.fr/dragon-knight.mov 4.5Mo
I have to finish it know.

David.

08 August 2004
Hi,

Just for fun.
With sound and some color.

http://dg1.dave.free.fr/dragon&knight02.mov ..13Mo..

By, David.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread