Valve to release "Source Filmmaker"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2012
Valve to release "Source Filmmaker"

See the narrated walkthrough on youtube:

http://youtu.be/Zri1c_If6Ic

Description from the official site:

Quote: The Source Filmmaker (SFM) is the movie-making tool built and used by us here at Valve to make movies inside the Source game engine. Because the SFM uses the same assets as the game, anything that exists in the game can be used in the movie, and vice versa. By utilizing the hardware rendering power of a modern gaming PC, the SFM allows storytellers to work in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get environment so they can iterate in the context of what it will feel like for the final audience.

To celebrate the announcement of the SFM, we've also released "Meet the Pyro", the ninth installment in the "Meet the Team" series. Like all of our animated shorts, we made it using the SFM.

http://sourcefilmmaker.com/

06 June 2012
looks really cool ! i Love you Valve !

by the way where is source 2.0 ... where is HL3 ...

06 June 2012
It's cool to see the power of real-time rendering engines being brought to linear storytelling in a dedicated way. Crytek's Cinebox is the other one I'm keeping an eye on, although it's target market and general approach seem quite different.

06 June 2012
Originally Posted by benhartnett: It's cool to see the power of real-time rendering engines being brought to linear storytelling in a dedicated way. Crytek's Cinebox is the other one I'm keeping an eye on, although it's target market and general approach seem quite different.

Crytek cinebox looks to be very ambitious indeed. There even things like realtime area lights and subd surfaces anounced. Wondering when it will come out and if we can get our hands on it

06 June 2012
The beauty is the Source Filmmaker is being able to play it like a game (TF2) and then go in and do a complete edit it of assets and animation later. I had no idea all the Meet the Character videos were done this way. Amazing

06 June 2012
Wow...jaw dropping amazing!
www.policarpo.us
Policarpo.Prints

Thread Closed share thread