Handy script to easier unwrap models?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2013   #1
Handy script to easier unwrap models?

Hi!

I found this script http://users.skynet.be/arketip/arketip_morphMapENG.htm which seem to be an easier way to unwrap models. It's a bit buggy. Does you guys know another script or way to easier/faster unwrap models? 3ds Max UV editor are horrible and BUGGY! At least in max 2012 (It used to be buggy in 2011 and 2010 as far as remember too).

Thanks!

Old 08 August 2013   #2
Yes it is buggy. Still. Report the bugs, there's more chance of them getting fixed if more people report them.

Morphmap is cool for very specific types of mapping. I used it quite a bit on some old PS2 games I worked on years back. There's loads of options for UVing, but they all depend on what you're mapping. We use Peel quite a lot here.

Old 08 August 2013   #3
I usually detach polygons and split edges in the editable poly and then use Unwrap, the selection tools in the Unwrap modifier are crap and don't work correctly so it's easier to make the seams by just separating the mesh. Also, if things aren't working correctly, try clearing the UV's before using Unwrap, sometimes it's necessary.

Old 08 August 2013   #4
i like the unwrap modifier, i set stitch, align horizontal, align vertical, and break to hotkeys,

then flatten what ican't unwrap using the tools, and just get to stitching and aligning.

Old 08 August 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread