Female character Chan (mild nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #61
I made adjustments. Your comments were so right.
I'm still not sure if the eyes look Asian or not.

Old 11 November 2012   #62
The abdomen is a little too outwards isn't it, like she is pregnant.

I feel the arms are too skinny compare to the legs.

I think the jawline need some work. Its too far behind the ears, & too deep into the face. There is no suggestion of a jaw on the 3/4 face middle head picture at the left side of the image. The chin bone seems to be too extreme outwards of the face, together make a very unnatural shape at the profile.

She also seems to have Simpson (the cartoon) upper lips, & the tearducts are too prominence for an Asian.

But the biggest problem I think, is that she could be easily mistaken as an Asian Dude, if you cover the body. I think you need to loose some of the strong features on the face, like the side the the skull beside the eyebrows, & the chinbones

Its hard isn't it? I think the best bet is to research more references.

Old 11 November 2012   #63
Your update is better concerning female shapes - especially the angles of those thighs.

Ribcage:
Itís definitely better. The side curve (outline in frontal view) might be a tiny bit too strong. And that sharp edge at the 1/4 sides of the ribcage could be cleaner defined (the continuation of the ribcage toward the center there is missing a bit, the area looking flat, or not sticking out enough - visible also in side view)
(Also that concave outline right below the armpit in rear view is hardly believable)

The breast line at the side is too strong, between armpit and breast too much defined.

Stomach/Belly:
The line looks somewhat special in side view - the stomach seems to be too flat (going in too much), while the curve of the belly questionable (too strong at its lower part)

Waist/Hip:
The form depends very much on the specific type, so it isnít easy to give suggestions. Where exactly is the waist of the ref?(a rather individual thing, dictating the rest of forms, like those of the hip bones and the lower back) Iím quite sure that there was far more volume at the sides of the lower back (below the waist) on your ref. An other issue is the lack of hip bones (the shape not strong enough here). (>> check also the relation btw. belly shape and hip bone in side view! >> hip bone is imo too far in the back)

An other questionable area is the side of the hip at crotch level, looking somewhat simplified now (especially that curve in frontal view). You could define the subtle shapes there...

Shin:
That shape at its inside is too strong, looking stylised.

Head: the source of your troubles might be the area around the outer corners of the eyes. Arenít the eyes too far apart, or isnít the eyeball too much in the front? (does the eyeball have a correct size? >> and how they sit in the skull? Perhaps sticking out too much?). Also that extremely strong cheek bone in 1/4 view seems to prove a problem there)

cheers
z

Old 11 November 2012   #64
Agree on what have been said about the arms.

It could be nice if you could post your reference or tell us what type of body are you looking for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2cqjfp4.jpg (83.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Argon18 : 11 November 2012 at 07:40 PM.

Old 11 November 2012   #65
I made a little paintover for you, just to give you an idea what I meant previously.

If the paintover is unclear, I can further explain.

Old 11 November 2012   #66
hey mister3d. I have to say great improvements with the latest update, but I am going to agree with PKD's comments and paint over.

keep up the good iterations.

Old 01 January 2013   #67
Some fixes in ptohoshop yet. I will go with the older head idea, as the last one went wrong.

Last edited by mister3d : 01 January 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Old 01 January 2013   #68
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread