Your two Most Wanted Features for V9

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2010
Well its hard to say what their up to. You think the flow of information was limited before? I doubt the user will have any real influence on the roadmap of the application other than the so called "user pack". The Igors are all about giving the user what the Igors think they need.

On the positive side, EIAS3D is doing a much better job than EITG when it comes to website promotion. The new website is much better.

Previsualization Society - Founder / Secretary
Independent - Sr. Previs & Layout Supervisor

09 September 2010
yea, think you're right Brian
Silo

09 September 2010
Well maybe in EI's current stage of development such an authoritarian approach to the roadmap is exactly what they need. Only the future knows.

09 September 2010
Hello Brian and all,

since the Igors don't answer questions here, i strongly assume, i have a question for you and all others....

I had recently a discussion on another forum about switching to 64 bit mode in OSX and now i'm curious how this would work with EIAS in the future.

If i'm correct you have to boot OSX Snow Leopard in 64bit mode while holding down the "6" and "4" key, since it's not configured to boot in 64bit mode.

Now my question, how will this work with V9 and the dongle. Do people need then two dongle drivers installed 32/64 bit in order two work with a 32bit Animator and when switching to a 64bit Camera? And does the Dongle then get not confused?

Just curious.

Regards
Stefan

Last edited by futagoza : 09 September 2010 at 01:57 PM.

09 September 2010
I don't have a direct answer for you... however I would theorize that one would not require two dongle drivers. I'm pretty certain 64bit snow leopard combined with the proper eve driver would switch down to accommodate a piece of 32bit code. Especially one as simple as accessing a usb dongle for 32bit applications like Animator. But I could be wrong.

09 September 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread