Why use C4D in a MAX / Maya world?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 1 Week Ago   #106
C4D was used for Ridley Scott's "Gladiator" way back in the day. I think they used it as a previz and scene layout tool or similar for the arena fights and other elaborate sets in the film.

I seem to remember reading a VFX article back then where the VFX people said "We found C4D to be very quick and intuitive. Almost like drawing or sketching."

Unfortunately C4D did not see widespread Hollywood/VFX adoption after that.

It was the then relatively new Maya that was making big waves in Movie work.

Old 1 Week Ago   #107
Cinema 4D is actually still used a lot on the sidelines of big productions, you just don't see much of it and there is no way for Maxon to use it for marketing purposes.

Old 1 Week Ago   #108
Originally Posted by Srek: Cinema 4D is actually still used a lot on the sidelines of big productions, you just don't see much of it and there is no way for Maxon to use it for marketing purposes.

I disagree. I believe everything can be used for marketing purposes. If people use C4D for previz, then we should know it, and Maxon should advertise it. You* wont go to a room full of creative people and tell them "there is no way for this".

Old 1 Week Ago   #109
Originally Posted by luisRiera: I disagree. I believe everything can be used for marketing purposes. If people use C4D for previz, then we should know it, and Maxon should advertise it. You* wont go to a room full of creative people and tell them "there is no way for this".
You misunderstood. It is very hard to get marketing material ( usage rghts) for feature flms, but even harder for unfinished stuff.*

Old 1 Week Ago   #110
ohh ok, thanks for the clarification

Old 1 Week Ago   #111
I try to focus solely on Cinema 4D..
There´s no a reason to completely reject Max and Maya world but try to learn from it.
Work place: 3ds max artists can be easily replaced because of so much 3d max artists and workforce out there
and same goes with Maya? Cinema 4D users: "Everyone knows everyone".

reply share thread