Newbie here: Aughra

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Newbie here: Aughra

I've been painting and drawing my whole life and just got involved with digital painting about a month ago.

This is my 7th digital painting to date and has about and hour or so of work into it so far. I tend to work slower than I think I should and am really trying to speed up my technique. This painting has about an hour or so of time into it. Any advice or critiques on how I can improve my digital technique would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 196131_10151216243117866_1113937400_n.jpg (25.8 KB, 14 views)

Old 11 November 2012   #2
Try to use more than just the soft-edge brushes. Edges in paintings should have variety, containing hard edges, firm edges, soft edges, and lost edges. The edges might correspond to focal distance like that of a camera lens, or the material being depicted (hard steel vs soft hair), or how sharp or round a form is, as well as how much attention you want the viewer to pay to any given area (sharper edges will command more attention from the viewer). There are also textured brushes that can add a lot to the variety of surface properties. Explore all the different brush presets that comes with whatever software you're using and think about how they can be used for specific purposes.

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread