how to do this in maya?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  08 August 2014
how to do this in maya?


i just want to ask some of the experts at cgtalk:

has anyone an idea how to do this animation in maya? displacement? programming? texture deformer?

maybe? please
  08 August 2014
could be an animated (vector) displacement or animated procedural displacement.
or could be done using SOuP, for instance this, under the peak example.

  08 August 2014
Try to use this plugin:

...or you can enable the membrane hidden node and use its turbulence to displace meshes:

source CreateMembrane


What is the genius? It is fantasy, hunch, certitude and a rapid execution. Il Perozzi
  08 August 2014
if your using Maya 2015 there is a great new texture deformer for displacing geometry.
  08 August 2014
thank you, guys...

i will try the animated displacement method...but still not reach this look...

it looks so fluid and detailed...
  08 August 2014
yeah i was going to say emit fluid form a curve with very high dissipation then convert to polys
Scott Turner
  08 August 2014

with fluids you mean nparticles to mesh?

i will test it out
  08 August 2014
Quote: with fluids you mean nparticles to mesh?

You can also mesh fluids.
An interesting way of doing this might be to create your model, goal particles to it surface, animate with expressions and then as others have said emit a fluid from the particles and output mesh. This way you would keep the structure of the model beneath.
reply share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.