Samurai

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
Samurai

Good Morning guys,

I recently finished Tomb Raider 2013 Game. Brutal game , but fun....anyways i am not here to review the game, so lets talk business ! The game had Samurai character named 'Oni" (which were quite fun to kill ) so like rest of my concepts, this led me to an inspiration...ie, to create a SAMURAI.

I searched net for Samurai & after lots of research & looking at lots of samurais I created my Samurai. Purpose is to create 3D model being genuine, complex, & Kickass. I also tend to use this for my new portfolio. Wish me luck !

06 June 2013
ok heres what I got to,

Just as I always do, I started with sphere, then dynamesh, etc. & I finally got the looks like a being with two legs & 2 hands. The armor & skirt are dynamesh aswell, I have multiple subtools already.

Lot more to attend to...stay tuned !

06 June 2013

well nothing much i just added the armor plates.

06 June 2013
Talking

The head was looking too horrible & I couldnt shape the guy with that head so i decided to first finish the head separately then move on.

I also worked on the ropes throught the body....heres a closeup !

And here is how it looks overall,

06 June 2013
looking fantastic

06 June 2013
Arrow rectification

well thanks for the comment there...

Now moving on...as lots of things were needed to be added I spent some good time in applying these things. I added gauntlets, chest armor,slippers, ropes etc...as you can see from the image above. Now before that, I made some ropes to tie the front end of the skirt armor.
These ropes didnt seem quite pratical, heres a look

i just couldnt sleep after yesterday... ...damn i just wasnt satisfied . As soon as i woke up next morning i got back to it & this is what I got to
RECTIFICATION:

overall view...& i think i am getting good at it.

opps sorry in all the tedious job with ropes I neglected the rear armor & few other things.
Dont worry though I'll get to it & post em soon...

06 June 2013
Looking very good! Excellent detailing, can't wait to see your progress.

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

06 June 2013
Thumbs up

Thanks for dropping by InfernalDarkness. The main reason for me create these is to gain attention from guys like you,

Alright sorry for the delayed post...my net was down for couple of days but my work wasnt.
This work below was completed yesterday but i couldnt post for the above said reason.

Click here for Actual size, coz the abv image is friggin small

You can see the few additions. But let me remind you this is 100% ZBrush, but still there is no sculpted information (other than cloth & few things).

This is mostly dynamesh & as I want to transfer it to 3Ds Max it has to be retopologized. I'll complete the process, may take few days but i dont think that it will look that different.
Then I'll start the real detailing, polypainting,..etc.

06 June 2013
That's looking really cool so far. I'm no expert on samurai armour, but aren't the horn parts of their helmets usually bigger? I've seen quite a few helmets where the horns were really big and I think they look more intimidating. Maybe that's something to consider? Like this size:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m...k17io1_1280.jpg

I hope you're planning on texturing this guy.

06 June 2013
Talking

Well glad that you like it 'Leigh' & really glad that you provided a good reference.
Well yes the horn like thingy are definitely looking quite fragile. I'll try some bigger variations. Thanks.

And yes this concept is under texturing process ! as this is one of the portfolio click.

06 June 2013
Red face

Sorry its been quite a while now since my last post...I was absolutely hands on project.
every day I have been updating my model...many a times loosing due to memory crashes !

Anyways i was constantly experimenting on the textures...colors...details. Here are looks at what i am upto.

REMINDER: THESE ARE W.I.Ps. EVEN I AM NOT SURE IF THIS WILL STAY, but advices with reference are always welcome.

any advice to make em better are welcome

06 June 2013
and here is what i did with head...though most of this will be NOT visible but still

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread