Report: Superman/Batman Movie Planned

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2013
Report: Superman/Batman Movie Planned

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder took the stage at SDCC today to have his MOS actor Harry Lennix read the passage from The Dark Knight Returns as a way to formally announce that the next Superman movie will include Batman! The studio then showed the Superman logo with a new Batman logo behind it.

The biggest deal was, Snyder brought out Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix (General Swanwick) to use his cool voice to read the following piece of dialogue:

I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...source=facebook

07 July 2013
Wow... they've been saying this for ages. Even had the Poster in I am Legend. Now they are finally going to really do it... I hope...

Could be interesting considering TDK series ended, but in a recent article Christian Bale said that he would gladly return if asked.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

07 July 2013
Hehe, this should be interesting.Can't wait!

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by teruchan: Could be interesting considering TDK series ended, but in a recent article Christian Bale said that he would gladly return if asked.

Yeah, I hope they bring him back and don't recast anyone else. Or to continue from where they left off perhaps get JGL to take on the mantle!

07 July 2013
Will this movie have an actual editor?

07 July 2013
Whatever next? Murder She Wrote meets Air Wolf?

I quite like both characters, but together? God no. Its like throwing in Ice Cream with Hash browns...on their own, they're Orson Wells, but together it can only be a soggy mess.

Currently working on...HCR #42

07 July 2013
I would love Bale back but I don't think the current Batman is in any form a match for Superman. You need some paranormal to fight paranormal.

Also I think at first Batman will fight Superman and then team up to face Lex.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Boone: Whatever next? Murder She Wrote meets Air Wolf?

I quite like both characters, but together? God no. Its like throwing in Ice Cream with Hash browns...on their own, they're Orson Wells, but together it can only be a soggy mess.

Aside from that being the most mixed metaphor in the history of the language, they have teamed up for multiple good stories in the comics.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Boone: Whatever next? Murder She Wrote meets Air Wolf?

You must not read comics, or like them.

Honestly I find Superman to be a much more fascinating character when interacting with Batman. I think he's kind of dull on his own. But the two have a really interesting dynamic together, one I hope the movie nails.

www.MichaelSime.com

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by teruchan: Could be interesting considering TDK series ended, but in a recent article Christian Bale said that he would gladly return if asked.

Source? All the links I've found say that Bale is done playing Batman for good.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by roofoo: Source? All the links I've found say that Bale is done playing Batman for good.

I just searched and I notice in newer articles Bale does say that he is done with Batman, and has worn the cape for the last time, but last year, in an interview with Empire Magazine, Bale said, "My understanding is that this is the last one. I think it's appropriate, I think it's going out at the right time. But...if Chris came to me with a script and said, 'You know what? There is another story' then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work."

"Bale told Empire magazine last year he would consider returning for a fourth instalment if Nolan came to him with a great story."
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by teruchan: "Bale told Empire magazine last year he would consider returning for a fourth instalment if Nolan came to him with a great story."

So, if Mr Bale isn't in the movie we will at least know its shit!

Currently working on...HCR #42

reply share thread