EIM2 Tesla

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2009
EIM2 Tesla

Hi Brian or EI team/users,

Aside from EITG and negotiations about EI there was EITG's own development into new modeler and mention of Amorphium. Are those items silenced as well since it may overlap some of EI's 3rd party deals? Is production moving forward?

Not to be an alarmist but a quick search showed Kishore as part of AMD not EITG could be that he works for one, and consults the other. I don't know.

http://www.siggraph.org/s2009/sessi...pe=panel&id=146

It may be another individual with the same name. Just the fact that new EITG developments to my understanding are not "legacy" code. Seems information about these other tools and Maya plugin may be easier to get good feedback from. Ian if you read this, you used to give us screen shots I know you got a new gig too so and been silent in latest developments.

Any info?....

11 November 2009
Hi Wilson,

Welcome to the waiting game. Its not a fun place to be. Trust me, I know what you're feeling.
Right now, the remaining EI world is waiting for news. Everything is being held up by the Igors/Tomas deal involving EIAS/Animator and EITG.

I got a small blip on the radar from Brad about Kishore in that he's ready to re-proceed on Tesla. My only guess is the EITG/Igors deal will likely hold that up too. Not because of ownership rights over Telsa, but rather for financial reasons and specifics on the rights of usage of Camera with Tesla. Once the Igors deal is complete, funds will likely be free to start flowing again and EITG will have clear direction as to who's doing what and so forth.

I wouldn't even start considering Amorphium's final fate until all the rest of these issues are complete and moving forward.

Previsualization Society - Founder / Secretary
Independent - Sr. Previs & Layout Supervisor

11 November 2009
Thanks Brian,

Any insight helps. I figured Tesla discussions would be under wraps as well. I think we would rely on some form of EI for rendering or importing files. I'm sure in order for the eventual seamless evolution new modeler would have to borrow some form of architecture from EI and that would be provided by the Igors.

Please keep us posted if you do get any news. Modo has been kind to me but I'm still feeling a bit out of water since I've been with EI for so long.

Thanks again.

11 November 2009
Originally Posted by Vizfizz:
I got a small blip on the radar from Brad about Kishore in that he's ready to re-proceed on Tesla. My only guess is the EITG/Igors deal will likely hold that up too. Not because of ownership rights over Telsa, but rather for financial reasons and specifics on the rights of usage of Camera with Tesla.

Hello Brian,

i thought that Tesla would be a a standalone modeler without any rendering hooks?! More or less a modern up to date Vers. of the old EIM, with maybe some additional modeling features.

And why Camera? Does that mean that Camera will be available as standalone product in the future?

Regards
Stefan

11 November 2009
Wilson and Stefan,

Brad is currently under NDA so he can't really reveal a lot of details. The specifics of the deal will likely be announced once everything is complete. Generally EITG will retain Amorphium and EIM, the Igors and Thomas are handling Animator, and Camera will likely be some form of "joint custody" between the two. Whatever they decide to work out, I think it will be a good solution. Animator will actually get the attention it deserves now that its existence is tied to the financial success of the developers. They can invest into the product through their time and likely infuse Animator with their existing plugin technologies, plus Thomas will do a good job advising the Igors on various animation requirements. Brad will be able to focus funds into EIM while Camera will continue growing in support of both sets of applications.

Brad fully intends to sell EIM2 as a standalone product, but how he chooses to integrate EIM2 and Camera remains to be realized. The first re-release of EIM2 will be as you suggest.... a modernized / revamped version of EIM. Consecutive versions could include the ability to write out camera files for rendering...but there's a lot of things to consider in doing so.... so its way to early to speculate.

Key challenges for the Igors will be how to sell EIAS. My guess is EITG will just continue doing so since it has established contracts with dongle suppliers and so forth...but who knows. Perhaps the Igors and Thomas already have a solution in mind.

11 November 2009
Well that doesnt sound good since Animator and Camera under the same roof have so many issues imagine with two owners? I thought it was called Electric Image Animation System composed by Animator and Camera, now we will have Animator? Ok that doesnt makes sense to me.
Unless Tomas/Igors are trying to include an exporter for other renders butiĄ i doubt it will be likely the case as Tomas is a big fan of Camera output and the Igors emphasis on programming for Rendering.
But thanks for keeping us posted whatever happened i will still support EIAS.
Edgard

11 November 2009
Edgard,

The user isn't going to experience any disruption under the new setup. EIAS will remain EIAS and will be sold just like it always has been...perhaps with even more new benefits because the Igors will be investing in themselves. If they want to make money now, they have to create a better product. I would guess that Tomas is investing in it as an owner to expand the backbone of his visual fx pipeline for his company...so that will mean a solid testing center. Tomas is very prolific and works well with the Igors.

Its highly unlikely that Animator will ever be sold as a standalone product. It will always be bundled with Camera...otherwise Animator is a lame duck. Camera may evolve into a product that is available for anyone to purchase, but we don't know that yet. Camera is highly tuned to the way Animator works and the fact file format.

Whatever kind of agreement is created, I'm sure both companies will find the best solution. Remember this transaction has been a mutual agreement. Although it was probably born out of frustration, the existing situation in the EI camp wasn't working. Perhaps now we'll see a shift for the better.

11 November 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread