Join the Autodesk Product Research Community

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

4 Days Ago
Join the Autodesk Product Research Community

Join Autodesk ProductResearch, a new research community focused on product and design.  It’s a private, onlinecommunity of people who use Autodesk products, and includes the
designers, product managers and researchers who work on those products.

Here’s how to get involved:

•  Sign Up - Click the link below tosign up and we’ll send you a questionnaire that will help our research team
match you up with particular studies. 

•  Participate - Research studies cantake place online via your computer, smartphone or tablet. Or, it could take
place at an Autodesk office, your business or home.  
•  Learn - We’ll shareinsights that we’ve learned from you. You’ll have our gratitude for helping us
make Autodesk products the best they can be. 

Looking forward to seeing you in the community,
Veronica Meuris, Principal User Researcher

4 Days Ago
Originally Posted by meurisv: •  Learn - We’ll shareinsights that we’ve learned from you. You’ll have our gratitude for helping us

I would rather be paid, you can keep the gratitude

There are no "magic" programs that make you a better artist

Last edited by ambassador : 4 Days Ago at 08:55 PM.

4 Days Ago
Thanks for posting this Veronica

I actually signed up a while ago, but I'm not sure if another community is necessary because it seems that even the official Maya Autodesk forum has plenty of unanswered posts. As far as feedback, there is a lot of TDs on this forum which makes it a great place for advice regarding specific features and maybe even software architecture. 

Are you looking for feedback right now?

3 Days Ago
Hi there, I'm not sure which Maya forum you're referring to (can you give me more details?). The product research community I'm inviting you to is fairly new for our Maya and Max users, though our AutoCAD, Inventor etc. users have had a presence there for quite some time. The goal of this new group and different from our beta site, is to foster a closer feedback loop between the people using our software and the folks at Autodesk asking questions around actual usage, preferences etc. We're not going to ask you to bug-check features in this forum, but will ask from time to time, for help completing surveys, usability testing, customer visits, interviews, participatory design activities etc.  

Let me know if you have more questions.
Thanks. Veronica.

3 Days Ago
Nice initiative, but if you really care about your customers the first thing you should do is to change your "subscription only" model and offer perpetual licenses to people who want them again.

Using any Autodesk product is completely out of the question for me - I don't like having subscription software forced on me. For the exact same reason, I don't use anything by Adobe anymore either.

For me its old fashioned software only - pay for it, download it, install it, run it.

3 Days Ago
Originally Posted by meurisv: Join Autodesk ProductResearch, a new research community focused on product and design.  It’s a private, onlinecommunity of people who use Autodesk products, and includes the
designers, product managers and researchers who work on those products.

Here’s how to get involved:

•  Sign Up - Click the link below tosign up and we’ll send you a questionnaire that will help our research team
match you up with particular studies. 

•  Participate - Research studies cantake place online via your computer, smartphone or tablet. Or, it could take
place at an Autodesk office, your business or home.  
•  Learn - We’ll shareinsights that we’ve learned from you. You’ll have our gratitude for helping us

I promise to sign up and contribute if you folks bring back Softimage. Thanks! 

1 Day Ago
Originally Posted by Array: I promise to sign up and contribute if you folks bring back Softimage. Thanks! 

Same here. As a perpetual license please. 

1 Day Ago
This was a joke thread right?.. they can't honestly be serious.. or, think.. wait. are they?

20 Hours Ago
Originally Posted by tswalk: This was a joke thread right?.. they can't honestly be serious.. or, think.. wait. are they?
Sadly, the ludicrousness of the post is lost on Autodesk and a few of its customers too.

10 Hours Ago
"In order to provide us with feedback, please sign this 9 page EULA"

7 Hours Ago
Veronica Meuris,

Will you give us an answer as to why you made the post?

It's just that we aren't seeing things from your point of view.

reply share thread