Assassin's Creed E3 trailer matte painting, Benoit Ladouceur (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2006
Wow, it's amazing....

06 June 2006
you're feedback is appreciated !! ...thnks guys !!

SocramOsnofla: thank you very much... I'm glad you liked the pic! I'm not involved on the game outside of trailer work. But I can say (by what I've seen to far) that the game team is doing an amasing job. If you liked the pic I posted you're going to love the game !!

claudiasutton: Glad I could get you and your friends excited about the game !! You won't be disapointed when it comes out... thnks for the good word!!

CoreyArtE: No problem !! always glad to help when I can !!!

Tigaer: Yep! Next time I'll take the time to crop my matte before posting... thnks for the good word !!

06 June 2006
v nice of ya Benoit to respond to every1s replys,questions,crits etc
i think i speak for every1 when i say...post more of your works pls

06 June 2006
I've got a few other images on the way... Stay tune, I'll post them when they're done !! Always glad to share what I know when I can !! thks for the good words and support

06 June 2006
Yo Ben!

Really nice piece here brother... glad to see that the Cinematics department is keeping you busy with good work. One minor crit/question... the church in the foreground is very blue/cold and doesn't seem to fit in with the warm values around it? I love the piece, looks like you had fun on it!

You and Raf are a great team, very complimentary in your work. What's next on your plate?

Cheers
Dan
www.carbonmatter.com

06 June 2006
Wow... hey Dan !! long time no see / speak !

Yeah.. what you're mentioning happens to pieces once in a while... It's the result of the color calibration where using for the monitors at work. The color range is reduced to compensate for the fact that most of the work we do is outputed on ordinary TVs... It gives surprises when you suddently open them on a full range monitor (color corrections that seem perfect feel a bit off).

Next on my plate... well right now I'm savoring some down time and finishing some personnal stuff that was liying around in wip folders. Going to post something new tonight or tomorrow... Other projects are about to come in the cinematics dept. so more work soon.

Are you coming to the concept art seminar in Montreal this week-end? If so we gotta grab lunch or something !!

02 February 2007
Well done, I love the art style of this game

04 April 2007
Just posting to say I still love this matte immensely. You've done a jaw-dropping job!

04 April 2007
thnks again guys...

wow thnks erilaz, still very appreciated !!

04 April 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread