Clayface

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2012   #16
Exclamation Changing the building...

Hey all, so after working on the brick building in the background it felt to plain to the eye so I decided to make something more art deco and modern so it adds a contrast to the character. More details flushed out as well now I'm primarily just finishing the bat signal and building then doing the final lighting... what do you think so far?

Old 06 June 2012   #17
Building

So I mixed and matched a couple building designs I liked to get what you see here, now its time to finalize sludge all over and get the background done. Any comments, crits, or interesting ideas guys?

Old 06 June 2012   #18

Old 06 June 2012   #19
generally speaking, it looks good so far

Old 06 June 2012   #20
Thanks bizzon! I'm uploading the final image now, not too many people were giving feedback so I just had fun with it. This will be my first image I began and completed here on CGTalk >

Old 06 June 2012   #21
Exclamation Final Image, unless...

I hear any good suggestions to make the final image better

Old 06 June 2012   #22
Nice project!

I think that the lighting could use a little tweaking. Right now the brightest spots are on his hands and his face is relatively dark in comparison. This takes away the focus from the face and draws attention to the hands, which is not what you want. Moving the camera closer so you can focus on his face on top of more dramatic lighting could make a big difference.

I'm sorry I didn't catch this thread sooner. Even if you don't keep working on this particular image you still have some things to consider for your next project

Old 06 June 2012   #23
Thank you for your crit I may return and do some touching up, this was my first completed piece from concept to final image and was just trying to finish in a timely manner lol I agree with your suggestions and will most likely come back to do those fixes because there is soo much that isn't seen as far as work on the details go. Would you guys like to see an image zoomed in on certain ares to show all the detail work that went into it?

Old 06 June 2012   #24
Talking

hyyyy there congrats for completing project with great result, i am agree with blinke there are problems with shadows maybe feel light is bit intense! congrats

Old 06 June 2012   #25
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread