Gnome Zbrush Conceptbust

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2013   #1
Gnome Zbrush Conceptbust

Hey out there.
Thanks for this awesome site with all its nice stuff and inspirations.

Here is "a" (honestly my first piece of work i did in Zbrush) Concept of a Gnome.

I will do the whole character after concept and retopologize it to use it as a Game Char later on.

By now I want to know what other people might think about this stage...

my java issues me...so i past the Link here, sorry about that to happen...

Old 08 August 2013   #2
Lookin good

Modeling looks good, I would get rid of the stitching on the eyes and open them up, Save the stitched up eye theme for zombies ! JMO Dj

Old 08 August 2013   #3
Holy Crab

Hey, thanx for your post.

I must tell you that thats the mainpart of this concept. It is a Testicle Gnome.
He is out to cut your balls.
He dont needs his Eyes and for his Tribe it is traditional to select on of the bravest Gnomes to be a Testicle Gnome! To get rid of disturbing senses (like Samourais did=> ITCHI the brave)
they stitch their eyes by themselfes.
So they can Focus on the smell of Yummy Yummy Testicles

watch out for your balls man

Old 08 August 2013   #4
I've heard about them!

That's why I have detachable Balls that I keep in an armored pouch, and attach when I smell some tang! Too Funny dude! He He

Old 09 September 2013   #5
Speaking from a layman, as I don't tend to do character work, the modeling looks good and the overall design is very nicely executed. The sewn up eyes don't bother me, and as there is a defined purpose for their absence even better. One thing I will say though—it looks a little too mirrored. Personally I would add some more scaring or affect the muscle structure slightly, to break it up a bit. Minor things like unequal nostrils, a torn ear lobe, things like that.

That's my thoughts, but take them from a storyteller and artist, not a character designer.

Thanks for sharing.

Tim

Old 09 September 2013   #6
Very Nice Comment!

Hey together.

Nice to read that. I love Storytelling a lot. And for this stage you are right, its completely mirrored, it doesnt only looks like it is..

So at this stage Artists go over to the Rework of the Concept, make an Expression, more Wrinkles and stuff like that..

I will do that as soon i find some room to work with Zbrush again..

Maybe you come back later on and tell me what you think when it is ready..

I thank you for your creative input..

Old 09 September 2013   #7
Ok right, I understand what part of the process you are in now. So you've got your shape and overall aesthetic (which does look great) and you'll go in and literally carve the character into it.

I'll be sure to look in and follow your progress.

Have fun creating.

I see this is for a game character, imagine its quite a process to get the down from a zbrush complex topology down to game ready. I see games are getting damn good these days though. I haven't played a game since my spectrum 48k in mid-80s, but I have gamer
friends who almost cry when they see what rig I am running, for post production and FX Work, but am not a gamer hahah

Old 09 September 2013   #8
Smile!

Hey..

yes, thats what a Character Concept is for...exactly..

by now it is a Basic overall Character. When he has Pimpels, Wrinkles, Decals and a Expression which shows is awesome teeth...maybe i can bring out his evil insides...

Comments like this keep me going...

You dont have to Worry about Polycounts with Zbrush. First of all this one has 8000..

Unity GameEngine supports to 10000 per Main Character (close Up).
more than that Zbrush has a tool to draw topology completely new. So I take a Normal Map from the OneMIllion Mesh and put it on a 1000 Poly Mesh..

Thats how it is done from Zbrush to Game...

In Game Production you have LOD (level of detail). The further the object is away, the lower models get loadet in visibility...

I will do him completely as a Moving Bust with Matchmoving him on my Roomtable.

Lets see if you like it

Last edited by RotbartDesign : 09 September 2013 at 06:44 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #9
Great! Thanks for the information, satisfied a curiosity.

Keep moving forward...

Old 09 September 2013   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread