Join Date: May 2002
FXWARS Challenge: 38 -Four Seasons
CLICK ON THIS THREAD:Those who are looking for partners/teams
CgTalk:FXWars! Four Seasons
Render an animation of a the passing of the seasons. It can be as simple or a complicated as you wish, but it must be a done as single continous shot.
The entry with the best FX will be selected by an open vote. The winner will get bragging rights and a small banner designed by me.
Monday July 15, 2012 12:00 PM
(You have ONE MONTH And a Half to do the challenge.)
TYPES OF ENTRY:
You may do one of these types of entries:CHALLENGE SPECIFIC RULES:
But keep in mind the key thing that I expect to see in all entries is a Visual Effect Sequence, in one shot, of the four weather seasons of the year.
- You may use the provided models (and models you submit) to create an entry. The core requirement for this type of entry is to have fun.
- No work taken DIRECTLY from an existing tutorial. You may use an existing tutorial only for reference.
- You may use a pre existing model(or use any of the models provived) , as long as you give credit to the creator. If you cant model, use simple shapes, since we are interested in the simulation. (But teams are encouraged, and if you are a modeler, you can make your model available)
- You may provide a heavily edited animation with all the trimmings (hell add live action if you want), as long a you provide another PLAIN animation of a side view of the working SIMULATION of the object .
- BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
The winner will get bragging rights and a small banner
designed by me.
- The animation and simulations (if any) must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
- WIP are encouraged if they are posted in ANOTHER thread. Please provide a link to them on this thread.
- WIP thread should be posted on the FXWARS Forum forum and should follow
the following naming convention: FXWars! Four Seasons!: MY NAME, Entry,Movie Title(Note: Group entries are allowed)
- It is Recommended that Final movies should be rendered at 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 in QuickTime* format (Sorenson Compression), but other resolutions and formats are allowed. * (The animation format is open for discussion.)
- The animation should follow the following naming convention:
MYNAME_FXWARS(RESOLUTION).mov. And please add your name at the beginning and end of the animation, and if you can, also add a small non disruptive watermark during the animation.
- If for some reason, you can't host movies, sequential images (Thumbnails size 160 x 120 ) are accepted.
- Please add a brief text description about your piece.
- The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.
- Collaborative pieces are accepted and encouraged, but Teams entries must have a identifying banner and a name. Shot lists should be included with the entry.
- Individuals participating in a team CAN have their own individual entries.
- Post on this thread your link to your WIP thread and your FINAL piece.
- You can add multiple entries, as long as they have different WIP threads.
- Freelancers CAN participate in more than ONE entry
- All Teams members & Freelancers will get screen credit for in the title cards for participation
- Only participants who follow the rules and submit a final entry will be elegible for the voting process.
- The moderators reserve the right to taken down any thread.
To check out a model, POST A WIP thread and then send me a PM.
If you wish to add your model to the library send me a PM.
Last edited by RobertoOrtiz : 06 June 2013 at 06:04 AM.