3d-Palace Hard Surface Workshop : Power Suits

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
3d-Palace Hard Surface Workshop : Power Suits

Hard Surface high detail modelling masterclass from 3d-palace ! This amazing set shows you in great detail the entire process of creating a low polygon AND a high polygon power suit. In this amazing set you will learn everything you need to know from basic scaffold modelling to third stage iterative detailing and everything in between!

Featuring addon sets for ZBrush as well as including all the max files, reference images, ZB alpha maps that we made specially and much more. 16 Gigs of tutorial is there for you to learn from!

PLUS enjoy four extra bonus modules free with the set!

ZBrush detail doodling
Unwrapping the low poly Power Suit
The Scaffolding Set
Out-takes (creating the high poly foot versions 1,2 and 3)

So what have you got to lose? Download fast from our secure Amazon s3 storage or have it delivered on a USB thumbdrive, you can even book one to one assistance from the tutorial author that made the set too! You can even use discount code RETURNING for a sweet 12% off everything!

Watch the promo video

No matter whether your hero needs a powersuit to fly around in, or just punch digital foes to bits, Cris will teach you how to build one, 21st century style: As many of 3D-Palace’s clients know, a Masterclass means just that – It will be big, it will be detailed, and it will teach you more than you ever thought you needed to know about the subject at hand – in Cris Robson’s inimitable style. In this Masterclass, you will learn how to*:

Build complex systems by using hard surface Sub D modeling techniques,

Utilise third iterative detail modeling

Use Scaffold Modelling and Placeable Detail Modelling,

Utilise Spline Modelling,

Use and understand Dynamic Object Placement

In addition to the usual bucketfulls of tips, tricks and plain old good advice. As always, 3D-Palace’s tutorials are some of the biggest and most detailed on the market, with fast shipping and friendly user-support. The 3DS Max Powersuit Masterclass clocks in at a whopping 50 hours of tutorial content, and is suitable for beginners as well as intermediates and experts just looking to hone their skills.

**ABOUT MODULES (DLC)

This is our first tutorial set where planned DLC will be released. You can purchase DLC for this set as it releases for £15 per set or you can pre-order the parts so that you will get them as they are released. (Do this whilst ordering). The schedule for module release is as follows and runs every 6 weeks.

ALL modules for the Powersuit will be released to PRIME@ members. All of them. This will NOT include the model files though. (We do have to make some profit now and again).

A Cut down version of the powersuit BASIC tutorial will be added to the free area – along with quite a lot of other material this year.

The following modules are going to be developed and released every 6 weeks for the powersuit.

Rigging the Power Suit
Animation of the Power Suit
Contemporary Weapons
Future Weapons
Fire Effects for Making the Power Suit Fly
Low Polygon Powersuit
Cloth, Capes and Soft Effects
Unwrapping and Normal Mapping Powersuit
Robocop Power Suit Variation Masterclass
Organic Insides – Heads and bodies
Pacific Rim Power Suit Variation Masterclass
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front1.jpg (58.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 012_completed_low_polygon_asset1.jpg (71.2 KB, 68 views)

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Overpriced.

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Originally Posted by Erka2: Overpriced.

Undersexed. (Story of my life)

34 hours at £45 = £1.28 or approximately $1.50 per hour.
3 months development on my own time when this is all that I do for a living, coupled with the mad amounts it costs to maintain a busy site and my moustache addiction means that this set which is available with a discount anyway still leaves me unable to afford delicious tesco value noodles at the end of the week.

Cynicism, a general malaise in the interest of 3d and of course the fact that most people don't see 3d in movies is sadly doing no favours to my training You younguns dont remember the good old days when a terrible 3d training book cost £65 - the pages were not even absorbent.

So, in my case yer honour, £45 with a 12% discount because - why not - seems reasonable. Otherwise wait a few weeks and go download it illegally like 99.9% of people seem to (whilst complaining about the price of training because we sell so few copies (see piracy))

Last edited by olblue : 09 September 2012 at 02:48 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
true, piracy is a b***h these days.
and yep, i do remember those days when they had this thing called boox.

that said, i never though price per hour was very valid. it was more about the content.
but then tricky thing is, you don't know what you get before you buy it.

£45, or roughly $70... well... might be a bit much for some.
but if it's good enough, maybe not. you might wanna share some more video previews of the process though. (and cut down on the images, took me 5 minutes just to browse to get to the head part :o)

Last edited by erikals : 09 September 2012 at 01:33 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Originally Posted by erikals: true, piracy is a b***h these days.
and yep, i do remember those days when they had this thing called boox.

that said, i never though price per hour was very valid. it was more about the content.
but then tricky thing is, you don't know what you get before you buy it.

£45, or roughly $70... well... might be a bit much for some.
but if it's good enough, maybe not. you might wanna share some more video previews of the process though. (and cut down on the images, took me 5 minutes just to browse to get to the head part :o)

Genius plan! Also looking at it, I really am not great at making promos. I will work up a new one and some nice video this afternoon - thanks for the feedback

Old 09 September 2012   #6
I'm ok with the price, but not so much with the "add DLC once available" it really makes your class look bad.

Old 09 September 2012   #7
Originally Posted by Panupat: I'm ok with the price, but not so much with the "add DLC once available" it really makes your class look bad.

Ok I can agree with that - I will go modify the shop area this evening.

Old 09 September 2012   #8
Originally Posted by olblue: Undersexed. (Story of my life)

34 hours at £45 = £1.28 or approximately $1.50 per hour.
3 months development on my own time when this is all that I do for a living, coupled with the mad amounts it costs to maintain a busy site and my moustache addiction means that this set which is available with a discount anyway still leaves me unable to afford delicious tesco value noodles at the end of the week.

Cynicism, a general malaise in the interest of 3d and of course the fact that most people don't see 3d in movies is sadly doing no favours to my training You younguns dont remember the good old days when a terrible 3d training book cost £65 - the pages were not even absorbent.

So, in my case yer honour, £45 with a 12% discount because - why not - seems reasonable. Otherwise wait a few weeks and go download it illegally like 99.9% of people seem to (whilst complaining about the price of training because we sell so few copies (see piracy))

On the plus side, you're a very witty writer with a great attitude.

Old 09 September 2012   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread