The Last Train, stefankang (3d)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

01 January 2018
The Last Train, stefankang (3d)

Title: The Last Train

Name: stefankang

"Between the time the last train leaves and the first train arrives, the place changes: it's not the same as in daytime." - Haruki Murakami.
Fall 2016, final project for texturing integrating with Mari by the Foundry. It's a 10 weeks intense class with Ryan Reeb from Zoic at Gnomon. From texturing to lighting and rendering nParticles for rain and sparks. it's always so exciting to complete a full scene and make it pretty to tell a story. Been able to sit down with Matt Rosenfield learning some technique by using lighting to tell story is another big goodie! The beauty of Gnomon is all about sharing!

Software used: Mari, Maya, V-ray, Photoshop, Nuke

Info: Approaching a night drizzling scene, referencing train from travel town. There's a story at every little corner. Wouldn't reveal too much to spoilt everything! See if you can spot something with the 4K image above!

01 January 2018
Really great piece! I will move this to one of the big feature banners this week and see if we can get you a million viewsthanks for sharing post any breakdowns if you have them!

03 March 2018
Thanks Travis!! I'm so new to this site! hopefully its not too late to find my reply !

reply share thread