'The Church of Life', Aswin Gopakumar (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2009
'The Church of Life', Aswin Gopakumar (3D)

Title: 'The Church of Life'
Name: Aswin Gopakumar
Software: 3ds max, VRay

An image of a church inspired me to try out the same in 3Ds max. I loved the feel the church made as I looked at it. I had to start with matching the angle first in the camera I set in 3ds max, then on to Modeling,Texturing and Finally Lighting it using V-ray. The difficult part was getting the freshness the original image had. I wanted an almost exact feel as of the original scene, so I took a lot of pain in obtaining the same textures and everything to it...and hope it works thank you!
[Photoshop is not used for any editing purpose except resizing the image here.] Thank you!

Comments are most welcome and please do!!!

08 August 2009
Nice work. I think if anything the shrubs "green cubes" around the front entrance don't really read as bushes. They look a little to hard edges and un organic. You might be able to apply a surface modifier to remedy this (perhaps a noise modifier or even a little displacement). Also, the reflection in the window dosn't seem to match your environment. The stone pathway material looks great!

08 August 2009
Thank you!

You are very right about the shrubs, they appear very sharp edged, they are not actually cubes they are mesh only - 'grass' proxies. Actually I did not think about applying a modifier in order to get a rounded bush as you said. Okay let me see if I can use some displacement on it, else a modifier and get it to proxy. [I don think my system supports that much displacement though]. Also I will see if some thing better can be done about the reflection. well but thanks a lot for you advice I was thinking why no one is posting any comments. Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited by aswing303 : 08 August 2009 at 04:17 AM.

08 August 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread