Uplift Universe - Video Entry: Lange, Dietrich

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2008
Smile Uplift Universe - Video Entry: Lange, Dietrich

Lange, Dietrich is entered in the "Uplift Universe Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Finished Video: "Strange Love" Short/Modell/FinalFilm/Making of-newst version!

Last edited by DrLong : 05 May 2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: First picture: the house of the aliens family.

05 May 2008
Talking Looking for my own Thread... Where is it?

I am preparing the little story about an alien and a human: Love!
The young human astronaut ignores that his beautiful girlfriend, an alien, wants to eat him after marriage...
But the old alien mother has an surprise for them...
Work in progress!
On the next days we will see first pictures about the locations, made in XSI (my first steps with this software).

DrLong

05 May 2008
Wink

Today I finished the first models for the first scene: We can see the house of the alien family, and the camera comes near and enters the building, and moves inside of the rooms.

My software is Softimage XSI 6.5 Essentials, I will realize all the little movie with it, learning step by step how to use it.

At the moment I am studing the manual to find the reason why I can´t see shadows on my testrenderings. May be someone knows the solution? Of course, I checked all the needed settings following the recomendations of the manual.
The next days has to bring the misttake out!
So long.

DrLong

05 May 2008
Question German Astronaut was finished today, but...

...he have to learn to speak. And he would speak with an german dialect, this would be normal. But I am wondering because the aliens speaks with an german dialect, too!
Something strange must be happen in the universe....

Dr. Long

P.S.: I want to post here some pictures, but it is impossible?!

05 May 2008
hi
hier kannst du deine blider hochladen.pass auf die groesse auf^^
http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ubmit_entry.php
log dich ein,waehle dein milestone und dann ab damit.
ich hoffe ich konnte dir helfen.

this is no spam,this is help for the guy,how to an upload.

cu Marina;

05 May 2008
Smile

The german astronaut is learning to speak. And... the alien girl has an own voice, but at the moment she can´t do anything else (no rig!).

DrLong

Thank you, Khalestra, for the tip. I will see if I can post some demopictures on that way.
Yes! Look by yourself, it works! Vielen Dank!

Last edited by DrLong : 05 May 2008 at 09:46 PM.

05 May 2008
Work In Progress: The aliens house outside

At first we can see the house of the aliens on the strange planet. Some mystery noise is in the air... The rocket from the german astronaut is waiting for him.

05 May 2008
Work In Progress: The german astronaut

The german astronaut "in flagranti"

05 May 2008
Work In Progress: The room of the alien girl

The room, in which the big surprise for the german astronaut reaches full dimensions...

05 May 2008
Storyboards / pre-visualization: Storyboard

We will see if the german astronaut Müller is able to come free from this dangerous situation...

06 June 2008
Work In Progress: Strange Love

Software: XSI

A German astronaut meets a very bautiful alien girl. But suddenly, her mother appears...
After having three or four days to learn Softimage XSI 6.5 Essentials, I realized this little film "learning by doing". So there are a lot of little mistakes and bugs on it, I think they will dissapear having more time for this great software.
So here come my very first steps with XSI.

Play Video >>

06 June 2008
I think is great that you tried to make a movie with new software,and your work deserve respect for trieng,ofcorse is a first step in all of us,and your work need alot of improuvements,but you have my apreciation for trieng and that is a start from you to learn alot and improuve your works!

Best to you1

06 June 2008
Finished Video: Strange Love

Here comes the final version of my work, fulI realized with Softimage XSI Essentials, a very unknown software for me. So, I experienced some difficulties with the animation, I am sure there was some erros made bymyself on rigging so there was some upvector constraints doing what they like to do but not what the director told them... Next time this will be avoid having more time to read the manual - promised!
But after all, it was easy to handle this great software, and so I was able to finish my little film.
Have fun with it!

Play Video >>

06 June 2008
Finished Video: "Strange Love" Short 30sec+Alienmodel

Here comes the short version (30 sec.) of "Strange Love". The long (normal) version was send today in the morning.
On this short is an alienmodel attached for competition in the modelling subcategory from the challenge.
Have fun!

Play Video >>

06 June 2008
Work In Progress: Strange love

This is the german astronaut in the modelling phase.

Thread Closed share thread