Using multiple UV on different texture file?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2009
Using multiple UV on different texture file?

In XSI, In the same object. U can choose different UV set and apply on different texture. Does maya able to do that?

My case is that I m having a complex shader on my object that I don't want to modify it. But now the client wants to add a little logo on top of it. Can I make a new uv layout and apply that new UV layout on to the logo. Then mix them together with the shader?

01 January 2009
UV sets

Hi HapZungLam,
Yes you can.If possible go through the manual for UV sets.Basically you could create different UV sets and assign different projection or layouts to them.Then using a layered texture you could connect them.It's been a long time since I have done it.Also it used to be buggy for Mental Ray but worked well with the Maya renderer.Maybe someone else could shed light on it.
Hope that helps.
Cheers.
Snikt.

01 January 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread