Old 09-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
zacleck
Frequenter
portfolio
zac leckscheid
3d artist
Minneapolis, USA

Export mesh issues

I need to get some terrain exported out of Vue and I'm having some issues with it. We can't render out of Vue because of the times we were getting, so I tried the export object option and it worked fine for the other procedural terrain I slapped together, but not for the specific piece that I modified to fit my needs. When I export it the mesh doesn't match what I'm looking at in Vue. It almost looks like it's ignoring the sculpting I did on the object and is just exporting what was originally generated procedurally. I exported the mesh to be used in Lightwave but I'm trying an obj version right now so I'll see what the ends up looking like, but I wanted to check and see if there was some process necessary to effectively bake out the sculpting I did in Vue so that it exports properly.

Another minor issue that I've had with it is that the texture maps it generates don't align with how I've set them up in Vue either. I have very little experience in Vue so it's a pretty basic setup over all. Just a procedural piece of terrain with a snowy mountain mixed material applied.

Any guidance on using this program would be appreciated

Old 10-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
sadkkf

What version are you using?

I'm using 11 Complete and have exported unmodified terrains without a problem for LightWave. It may be you need Infinite / Xstream to export modified terrains. They have weird limitations sometimes.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
zacleck
Frequenter
portfolio
zac leckscheid
3d artist
Minneapolis, USA

Sorry, should have been more specific. I was using 11 Xstream, I think, coming into Lightwave 11.5.

It exported the unmodified procedural terrains fine, except for the textures, which didn't come out properly.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
sadkkf

Yeah, sorry, but that's out of my league. I don't have Xstream to test.

Can you export the textures separately?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread