Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
sinboden
portfolio
shane inboden
garland, US

Aiyana

So it has been a while since I posted in this forum, I actually had to google "3d forum websites" because I forgot the damned name to this place, lol, buuut here is what I've been doing lately.
I used 3ds max, Vray, and Photoshop.

Let me know what you guys think and Please tell me what I need to work on to help me for my future projects.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
zenopelgrims
Frequenter

portfolio
Zeno Pelgrims
Student
National centre of Computer animation
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

I like it! Although there are 2 things that can be improved:

1. The hair seems a bit weird to me, not realistic at all. She looks like she's living in the forests and on a hunt, so her hair should be a little more chaotic distributed (imo)

2. The text you placed on the image in photoshop is lame. Nobody likes a bevel and emboss..

Besides these things i really like the image. Maybe a bit more DOF on the plants in the front would help sell the image more. Also 2 reflections on the eyes in an outdoor scene seems a bit strange to me, because there is only one source emitting light (the sun)?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
MurtazaRizvi
3D Murtaza

portfolio
Murtaza Rizvi
Karachi, Pakistan

zenopelgrims pretty much summed it up, but i would add that the girl looks like a doll rather than a cg human. a bit of wrinkles or bump might look good.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
sinboden
portfolio
shane inboden
garland, US

Thanks for the replies, and yeah the hair is actually just Vray Hair and fur applied to a Hair Cap modeled from the head.
I've tried countless times to use the Hair and Fur modifier on Max but I just can't seem to get it right, I can't figure out the splines nor can I find an actually useful tutorial/walkthrough of the modifier on the internet.
And I wanted the girl to have a more stylized look than the rest of the scene, I didn't want to over do the character with detail and painted UV's and have it take away from the balance of the whole scene.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread