CGTalk > Gallery > Featured 2D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-06-2004, 07:02 AM   #1
Christoff
kcai sophomore
Chris Sembower
USA

Delicious Stubbornness, Chris Sembower (2D)

Title: Delicious Stubbornness
Name: Chris Sembower
Software: Painter

For my freshman foundations class today, we went to a local studio space and heard a guest speaker read one of her short stories. our assignment during/after was to respond with a drawing. we were to watch what we saw in our heads as she spoke, and listened for a phrase or something that caught our ear. as i listened and took notes i heard the phrase "with a Deep, delicious stubbornness" come out of her mouth, and the gears started turning immediately. after i got home at around 8 tonight, i started on the painting, and ended up finishing around 2 in the morning. i feel that this is one of my first successful pieces in painter. i would like critiques on it please, and also take into consideration the amount of time that was put in for what you see. thanks alot ahead of time for your input.

oh, and the colors look REALLY weird depending on what computer i view it on, so the colors might not be precise.

Old 10-07-2004, 03:12 PM   #2
noelt
Know-it-All

Hi christoff, nice idea, my only suggestion is the shadow needs to be on the same perspective as the bowl, it seems like the table is tilted down from the shadow but the bottom of the bowl is on a more level surface, also maybe some shadow work on the scoops, that's all i can see as to fixing something.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread