White outline around character after render

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2014
Unhappy White outline around character after render

So I rendered my image in 2k size and it came with a white border around it
I am using Maya 2012 and the image is rendered using V-ray. Please help, do I need to turn off any settings.

Click image for a full view.

01 January 2014
Hey AJol,

What type of file is it? I'm assuming you're displaying an image with an alpha channel. It looks like you're rendering a premultiplied alpha against a white background. Try changing the background to a darker color.

gibby3d.com

01 January 2014
Are you comping in Photoshop? Photoshop is horrible at premult stuff.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by jgibz: Hey AJol,

What type of file is it? I'm assuming you're displaying an image with an alpha channel. It looks like you're rendering a premultiplied alpha against a white background. Try changing the background to a darker color.

It worked
Thanks a bunch!

Originally Posted by Panupat: Are you comping in Photoshop? Photoshop is horrible at premult stuff.

This is the first time I have come across this problem.
I used to render in mental ray and never ran into this issue. I switched to Vray a few weeks back and this started happening. Since I am not totally familiar with Vray settings, I thought I might have turned on/off a setting to cause that.

01 January 2014
Yeah, that is a classic alpha problem. You can get rid of this in PS via Layer -> Matting -> Remove white matte or in AE via Interpret Footage -> Premultiply with *your background color* (usally black)

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by andisign: Yeah, that is a classic alpha problem. You can get rid of this in PS via Layer -> Matting -> Remove white matte or in AE via Interpret Footage -> Premultiply with *your background color* (usally black)

You can do that
I am going to check this with my glitched renders.

01 January 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread