Daniel Craig's 3D portrait

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
That one looks actually really good.

The things I don't like :

- the connection of hair with the skin
- the eyes are quite shallow and too bright. You need to make them physically accurate to look believable
- facial hair should be barely visible. You need to make them shorter, thinner and denser
- too much specular on the bow tie
- the skin looks very dry in some parts. You need to increase the sss amount. But of course not too much so it wouldn't look like wax...

I guess the key are the eyes. If you improve them, your portrait will be much more convincing and life like.

The ear and the chin look really nice.

03 March 2013
eyes look kind of glassy and fake atm.
in a portrait like this, the eyes should be the anchor point of the piece since theyre attracting all the attention, at this point your eyes are the weak point of this piece.
i suggest to work on them some more before wrapping up the shaders

03 March 2013
Thanks,you are right, I didnt notice some of the things you said, I will try to solve them in final shot.

03 March 2013
Daniel Craig as James Bond _ Beauty Shot(Final)
Hey guys, I'm finally done. I improved some parts you mentioned to get a more lifelike result and changed camera angel a little. Now I can say I'm done with the project. I appreciate those who followed the procedure and helped me to improve the piece by their comments )

03 March 2013
I like it. Well done.

03 March 2013
Close up:

03 March 2013
Now I'm not sure about what the guns look like in the bond movies, but that pistol is just to small and looks like a toy gun, just make the gun a bit bigger.

03 March 2013
The best bond!! awesome job!

03 March 2013
Seehr:Thanks
Shadowlich: Actually Bond's gun is small. Here is a photo you can check:

06 June 2013
uncool.....

err....this is a copy of Luc`s work
Online Portfolio and Reel

Last edited by PLASTICMONSTER : 06 June 2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: error

06 June 2013
There are some very distinct lines for example. Nose has 2 distinct wrinkles on the left lobe, left side on the cheekbone a mole then directly next to it an old dimple or scarring, below lips the imperfect skin bumpiness and the wrinkles below his eyes are EXACTLY THE SAME as Luc Bégins work......its humanly impossible to exactly match someones work.....especially if the two images are the same compared to each other in PS.....some originality please, dont rip off works. The 3d community is pretty tight and we see alot of artwork to know, when its a rip off or someone is trying to sell someones work as their own. I had it in the past, I found some of my architectural work in someones portfolio to my horror.
Post some wireframe view or shaded view that Luc Bégin doesn`t have and we will believe it. Im sorry for the skepticism if its an original art, then disregard my previous remarks.

Im sure im not the only one.
Online Portfolio and Reel

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread