bh_renameTextObjects

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
bh_renameTextObjects

Just a little workflow tool I wrote to speed up a common task, I thought I'd share it.
Essentially it will rename any text objects you have selected so that their names match whatever the Text itself is set to.
Select text object(s) and run and it will take the text info in the 'Text' field and apply that as the name to the object(s). NB - if the text is more than 10 characters long it will get truncated so that the text objects don't get crazy long names in the object manager.

Nothing you can't already do manually of course but it can speed things up if you have a bunch of text objects called 'text1', 'text2' etc and want to rename them all quickly to make your scene file more readable.
It works with both the Text spline object and MoText objects.

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by Horganovski : 10 October 2012 at 03:59 PM.

10 October 2012
Very nice! Thanks.

Cube

10 October 2012
You're welcome, Python really makes this kind of thing a doddle now. I find myself often writing little tools like this to improve my workflow.

Cheers,
Brian

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread