3DS Max rigging class

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2010
3DS Max rigging class

I work at a small graphics firm in the NYC area and we use Max for simple modeling and animation. We need to learn rigging though. I'm looking for recommendations for either a continuing ed class at a school, or a freestanding class, where two of us can learn rigging either at night or on weekends.

any information would be appreciated!

10 October 2010
If your working at a firm already and 1 or more guys need to learn just the rigging.. why not just get a subscription to digital tutors.. there you can learn to rig. or some gnomon dvds will do the trick.

10 October 2010
Hey Jesse, I just checked out Digital Tutors. That's a great site, hadn't been there before. Thanks for the tip!

10 October 2010
You'r welcome. : )

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.

10 October 2010
Well after discussing it here, we both feel like we'd learn better in a structured classroom environment with a teacher, projects, etc. Just a preference.

However in looking around it appears the schools are only teaching Maya! Even where my co-worker took a 3DS Max course just in '07 at NYU, there do not seem to be any Max courses anymore.

I'm not sure how steep the learning curve would be. In my case I do some pretty advanced work in Animation Master so I could probably pick it up from online courses or dvd's. My co-worker works more in Max so for both of us the principles and projects would come pretty easy I think. I'll keep looking.

10 October 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread