X-Particles not showing up in C4D's Team Render Client preferences

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
X-Particles not showing up in C4D's Team Render Client preferences

Hey so I've been working a few days with X-Particles and it's been great. I'm now trying to team render the scene I've been working on, but the render clients won't recognize the plugin I placed in the client preferences folder. I've tried in both C:\Program Files\MAXON\Team Render Client R17\plugins,and inC:\Users\Valued Customer\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Team Render Client R17_DBCD2EA5\plugins. Neither location makes the X-Particles tab appear in the client prefs. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

- Luke

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Lukavich: Hey so I've been working a few days with X-Particles and it's been great. I'm now trying to team render the scene I've been working on, but the render clients won't recognize the plugin I placed in the client preferences folder. I've tried in both C:\Program Files\MAXON\Team Render Client R17\plugins,and inC:\Users\Valued Customer\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Team Render Client R17_DBCD2EA5\plugins. Neither location makes the X-Particles tab appear in the client prefs. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

- Luke

i use the second path that you list - and it works - all i can think of is that the x particles folder has an issue? try making a copy of the x particles plugin folder from your working C4D app (i.e. a known good copy)

and copy that x particles folder over into the Team Render Client prefs and see how it goes... that's all i can think of

dann
-

1 Week Ago
I actually realized that apparently the team render client machines need internet access in order to verify the X-Particles license...which is another problem altogether, because now I have an error whenever I try to connect. ugh, anyway thanks for helping. Any idea of whether I can get around using an internet connection to use X_particles on them render clients?

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Lukavich: I actually realized that apparently the team render client machines need internet access in order to verify the X-Particles license...which is another problem altogether, because now I have an error whenever I try to connect. ugh, anyway thanks for helping. Any idea of whether I can get around using an internet connection to use X_particles on them render clients?
hmm no idea on that probably a question for the x particles guys... but i would think that the render nodes would not need to check the licenses...

dann
-

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Lukavich: I actually realized that apparently the team render client machines need internet access in order to verify the X-Particles license...which is another problem altogether, because now I have an error whenever I try to connect. ugh, anyway thanks for helping. Any idea of whether I can get around using an internet connection to use X_particles on them render clients?
Please contact our technical support, the TR client console has information about what you need to do. TR clients can run offline.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by obeardy: Please contact our technical support, the TR client console has information about what you need to do. TR clients can run offline.
That would be great if I could get the X-Particles plugin on TR Clients to work without an internet connection. Would you mind directing me to the technical support you're talking about?

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Lukavich: That would be great if I could get the X-Particles plugin on TR Clients to work without an internet connection. Would you mind directing me to the technical support you're talking about?

http://insydium.uk/contact_support/

hope they can help you, they are great guys so i would think will be easy enough

dann
-

1 Week Ago
Thanks! Hopefully this works out

reply share thread