Stereoscopic rendering and Teamrender

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by interactiveBoy: Thanks Joel -

I bet altering that interaxial distance will be the cure. I'll keep playing. Thanks again for sharing this!

Yes please check if you can--unless you;ve already figured out one of the other paths.

The whole key to getting the right feel and not going crosseyed is all in the interaxial distance--as well as making sure your area of interest is sitting on or near the convergence plane. You dont want to have objects too close in the foreground or too far in the background if possible either. You'll find that sometimes just barely opening up the interaxial distance--like even as little as .5 or 2 degrees--is quite enough to get good stereo. Depends on the scale of scene however.

1 Week Ago
That makes sense. This project will have very wide scenes with lots of depth, to macro scenes where the background is pretty much blurred out. (Though I will need to play with the amount of blur since depth of field kind of works against the whole stereoscopic way of doing things)

Thanks for the input!

1 Week Ago
I think this issue is something you need to contact Maxon about.
On the other hand, tomorrow (Friday) I'll be able to test this on a small Mac - PC Rendering network...

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by noseman: I think this issue is something you need to contact Maxon about.
On the other hand, tomorrow (Friday) I'll be able to test this on a small Mac - PC Rendering network...
I have. The official word is that it is not supported, which is ironic when you consider that stereoscopic rendering requires twice the amount of rendered frames and would benefit from network rendering.

Seeing the render results I'm getting, I can see that it's pretty close to working, but far enough off that I can't use it in production. It just needs to name the files properly and convert them from .b3d

Last edited by interactiveBoy : 1 Week Ago at 01:13 PM.

reply share thread