xSpline

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2010
xSpline

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you out there use xSpline and if so do any of you know if it's still being supported in Leopard (not snow)? I just realized that in my upgrading to mac/intel machine that running "classic apps" like xspline would no longer work. I used to export illustrator files as SAT and import into EIM. It's been a long time since I've used it so this caught me off guard. ZaxWerks is off limits because it won't work with what I'm trying to export.

I know the newer versions of EI supports importing AI by default. I'm ol' school so do any of you know of any updates OR any new tools that may be available now to convert illustrator into modeler vector/splines (SAT/SAB).

Thanks!

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by Gigayoda: Hello,

I was wondering if any of you out there use xSpline and if so do any of you know if it's still being supported in Leopard (not snow)? I just realized that in my upgrading to mac/intel machine that running "classic apps" like xspline would no longer work. I used to export illustrator files as SAT and import into EIM. It's been a long time since I've used it so this caught me off guard. ZaxWerks is off limits because it won't work with what I'm trying to export.

I know the newer versions of EI supports importing AI by default. I'm ol' school so do any of you know of any updates OR any new tools that may be available now to convert illustrator into modeler vector/splines (SAT/SAB).

Thanks!

I just save as .eps (version 8) right out of Illustrator and use the import eps into Modeler.
Usually you have to do some cleanup - or depending on what you want to do with the rest of the geometry quite often it's simpler just to use the eps files as a template and rebuild everything. It's a pain but at least you have clean wires at the end of the process.

01 January 2010
Hey there, I'm the author of xSpline. It hasn't been updated in ages, and definitely won't work in current OSes unfortunately.

I'll take a gander at the code and see if there's any way I could turn it into a web application though. I just can't promise much.

01 January 2010
Appreciate the heads up. I realized my version of the modeler is the one prior to the illustrator import. xSpline would be a good tool to keep ol' modeler running. I'll be on a look out if you have any updates.

Thanks.

01 January 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread