Open Figure Drawing Workshop 007 with Hong Ly and Rebeccak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #136
Hi
Rebecca
This is basically done, I could perfect it for years, like the Mona Lisa... I fell in love with
the pose, lighting and beauty of the model, right from the start.
As far as creating my own thread, I will have to throw a lot of sugar Mrs. Spirit Dreamer's
way, sounds like an awful lot of work, transfering all my wips fom one thread to another.
She's the one who knows all the in's and out's about the computers... I just do the
painting LOL!, and am still typeing with one finger.
Maybe you could explain to her,how to do it, and make it sound easy LOL, FOR MY SAKE!
Sounds like a great plan to me. I also really like your idea for makeing finished paintings
from these models. Maybe study how the old masters ran their workshops. Maybe do
one painting, where each student contributes a figure, and piece of the landscape,like
like that one the anunciaccion of the virgin I think it's called, where Da Vinci did his first
angle in oils,and blew everyone else away. Creat a concept, and have everyone's specialty
showcased in it. Just a thought, one of many,will have to dream on them some more, and
get back to you.
Let me know what you think...
Take Care
Glenn

Old 12 December 2005   #137
Originally Posted by spiritDreamer: Maybe do one painting, where each student contributes a figure, and piece of the landscape

while this dream does your name credit and sounds like a wonderful form of workshop it will, on the other hand, certainly lead to general dislike of some parts of the final composition, namely those I put my hands on.

Old 12 December 2005   #138
Smile

Hi
MR MU
LOL....Hey, look at it this way, everybody will go out of their way to help you perfect your
piece of the puzzle, and that can only lead to improvement for everyone involed,.. it becomes
a win win situation, for everyone. A lot of the old masters probably said the same thing you
just said, and look what happened to them. It's only a little paint, and a lot of vanity
that gets in the way of perfection. Besides, your piece of the puzzle might end up being the
best piece, if there is such a thing, you never know until you try. I bet you, if we ever did
a painting like this, we would all come away knowing a lot more than when we started, about
painting, and ourselves, which is the whole object of and lesson of this kind of team effort.
If we ended up with a beautiful painting, which i'm positive we would, then so much the better.
After all it is a tried and proven method, we're talking about here, You Know !
Take Care
Glenn

Old 12 December 2005   #139
Originally Posted by spiritDreamer: I bet you, if we ever did a painting like this, we would all come away knowing a lot more than when we started, about painting, and ourselves, which is the whole object of and lesson of this kind of team effort.

agreed! And whatsover I say that sounds like skepticism - you can count me in anyways...

I think I was actually - in a shy, fuzzy and all in all rather inefficient way - trying to find out if beginners were going to be accepted on the team...

Old 12 December 2005   #140
Talking

Mr. Mu,

Beginners accepted! Beginners accepted!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 12 December 2005   #141
woot!

and - does this reply also mean that SpiritDreamer's idea just leveled up to a definite plan with mod support?

Old 01 January 2006   #142
todays quick entry

Old 01 January 2006   #143
Talking

Per,

Sweet! You going all the way back to 001? (Happy to see you do so).

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 01 January 2006   #144
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread