Glimpse Of Summer, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by slickgreekgeo: You did that when you're 18? LMFAO. It looks like something a 5 year old dis while he was taking a shit. The fact that you're 'proud' of this piece is fairly amusing.

"(i'm younger than you by 3 years!)"

I assumed you were much younger based on the quality of your paintings, or the lack of.

Slick, I think that was one of the most horrible things youv'e said throughout this entire "situation." It's one thing for you to question Linda Bergkvist's "methods", but to insult the works of another artist is childish. That comment you made on ManlyCrab's artwork was needless. It didn't prove your point or further your debate. Name calling is the tactic of a grade school child. I'm not trying to start a flame war here but please, just take a look at how you're acting.

My Website - n o c t o u r n e . c o m

01 January 2007
"So now its like a advertisement forum for your art, anyway"

No, numerous artist, including yourself, were showing my work in a way to degrade it, and even accusing me of overpainting. I'm simply defending my work. If you didn't want to bring it up, then you shouldn't have posted one of my images to begin with. Neither should Azurelle, who claims I overpaint (because we know there are few artists who can make a decent figure using a grid, as if it's challenging or something... Again, I never denied using grids in my work. )

"i didnt defend myself against your attacks because i didnt want to make this about me. "

Yet you wanted to make this about me by trying to degrade my work? Hyprocrite.

"( oh and i dont like anything you have done)"

Most likely because it's at a level you can't even begin to touch, no doubt.

"Guilty til prooven inncoent?"

I offered some hard evidence that she uses photos in her works that don't belong to her. No, that doesn't mean she's guilty, but it does rise a few questions. Again, believe it or not, I'm not placing her under arrest of holding her hostage, I'm simply expressing my opinion.

*update*
"Shouldnt you calm down, you know, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean i don't have the right to express it"

I never said you don't have the right, and please don't use my own words in your sentence.

01 January 2007
It's not surprising that she has been sick. For years she has said that she has bad cases of insomnia. If you are truly a fan you should know this.

I thought she might of been really busy because of her conceptual artist role in "His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass". But it seems like her long term health condition has taken it's toll instead or something health related.

That personal attack on ManlyCrab is totally uncalled for and way too harsh.

For: “It looks like something a 5 year old dis while he was taking a shit.”

Age is not suppose to indicate how good someone's art is.

01 January 2007
Quote: Slick, I think that was one of the most horrible things youv'e said throughout this entire "situation." It's one thing for you to question Linda Bergkvist's "methods", but to insult the works of another artist is childish. That comment you made on ManlyCrab's artwork was needless. It didn't prove your point or further your debate. Name calling is the tactic of a grade school child. I'm not trying to start a flame war here but please, just take a look at how you're acting.

I agree I was a bit harsh, but he chose to sample one of my very old pieces to make me look bad as an artist, and I simply did the same. I agree I went overboard, but keep in mind I didn't bring his artwork into this discussion, not until he mentioned mine.

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by frostblade: It's not surprising that she has been sick. For years she has said that she has bad cases of insomnia. If you are truly a fan you should know this.

I thought she might of been really busy because of her conceptual artist role in "His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass". But it seems like her long term health condition has taken it's toll instead or something health related.

That personal attack on ManlyCrab is totally uncalled for and way too harsh.

For: “It looks like something a 5 year old dis while he was taking a shit.”

Age is not suppose to indicate how good someone's art is.

I agree, I do apoligize for that comment (I do say some really messed up things that are uncalled for at times, I admit).

01 January 2007
What slick doesnt really understand i think, is that everything he says sound pretty much like an act, and when he says things like that he is showing his true self..

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by ManlyCrab: What slick doesnt really understand i think, is that everything he says sound pretty much like an act, and when he says things like that he is showing his true self..

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What do a couple of posts have to do with me putting an 'act' or showing my 'true self' (yes, I'm very easy to read because I have a problem with an artist's working methods).

This goes to many that have a problem with me questioning LInda's methods: Stop trying to make me look like the devil because I don't agree with you. Get over it.

01 January 2007
Yeah, WE have made you seem like the "devil", i mean, we also of course just did it cause we are mindless linda fanatics who attack anyone that critisize her. Right...

The comedic thing is that every time someone has countered slick's theories with one of their own he has blown up or changed the topic, he is not reasonable on any level. And he wonder why people have started to attack him?

Then the most comedic thing of all he always defends himself with this: "I have a right to an opinion" Like every second post, while in between he constantly attack the opinions of others.

01 January 2007
"Yeah, WE have made you seem like the "devil", i mean, we also of course just did it cause we are mindless linda fanatics who attack anyone that critisize her. Right..."

You're pretty much right on that count.

"The comedic thing is that every time someone has countered slick's theories with one of their own he has blown up or changed the topic, he is not reasonable on any level. And he wonder why people have started to attack him?"

People attacked me to mitigate my claims, using my own work to turn away from the subject, including yourself with your comments. Did you notice that there are quite a few people who aknowledge that Linda use photorefs and think it's OK to sample/steal from material they don't own the copryight to?

"Then the most comedic thing of all he always defends himself with this: "I have a right to an opinion" Like every second post, while in between he constantly attack the opinions of others"

I'm not attacking anyone, in fact, it seems that the oppossite is true, as seen in Azurelle's posts. Just because I don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean I'm attacking you.

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by kayc: I've been lurking here for a while now, but I cannot not post a reply to this. It seems that this topic is really getting out of hand. BTW, I'm Kay frm http://kay-ness.deviantart.com if anyone wonders who I am.

George: I don't disagree with you, but you really need to chill out and back off on this. I'm not going to defend any party here, but you're going overboard. Ask yourself - what will you gain(apart from pageviews as Azurelle says)? Most people get your point the first time you posted the equalised picture of Glimpse of Summer, but you have to ram this into them again and again and again. What for? If people wants to stop liking Ms. Bergkvist and her works, they would already, but if people likes Ms. Bergkvist, they're going to like her still, no matter what. Nothing's going to change their mind, and as for squeezing the truth out of Linda, well guess what, if she wants to tell you, she will. But obviously she isn't going to, so what are you going to do about it? I saw that you left the same kind of messages on ALL of her galleries, even spammed her dA page, but guess what, no amount of harassment(yes, I think your behaviour is bordering on harassment now) is going to make her tell you the truth if she doesn't want to. So please, just let it go and focus on your art rather than this silly and obsessive witch-hunt. George, I think you have a lot of potential and are a good artist, and I don't dislike you or anything, but I dislike this behaviour, and you really need to let this go.

kay: I'm not posting here in hopes of gaining anything (despite ridiculous claims that I'm doing this to gain pageview on a thread YEARS old). I'm simply questioning her methods, and find it quite appauling that I'm being attacked for expressing my opinion. And no, this isn't harassment; Posting on a single thread of hers, one which she probably doesn't even visit, is far from harrasment.

"I think you have a lot of potential and are a good artist, and I don't dislike you or anything, but I dislike this behaviour, and you really need to let this go."

I agree to some extent; what bothers me is the fact that people are attacking my own works and disrespecting me for stating my opinion, which I have a right to.

01 January 2007
Yeah slick, you are always right, of course

Why do we, the majority in this thread, even try? We have nothing on you. Even if we post great arguements and provide facts and quotes and all that which any logical minded person can comprihend it doesnt hold up against your gut feeling responses which are merely a "your wrong" type of reply.

01 January 2007
"Yeah slick, you are always right, of course"

Yeah, because that's what I stated. Grow up.

"Why do we, the majority in this thread, even try? We have nothing on you. Even if we post great arguements and provide facts and quotes and all that which any logical minded person can comprihend it doesnt hold up against your gut feeling responses which are merely a "your wrong" type of reply"

I'm not forcing my opinion on anybody, grow the hell up. If you want to resort to sarcasm and ridiculous claims to prove something, then you're free to do so. I strongly believe she incorporates photos in her works. Believe it or don't, that's your decision; Nobody's putting a gun to your head.

01 January 2007
I am closing this thread until further notice or Linda choses to open it again. slickgreekgeo has hijacked it for more than long enough and is this short of getting banned. If he wishes to discuss his own credibility he will have to do that in his own thread, not here.

Wiro

01 January 2007
slickgreekgeo, filling numerous pages with rants isn't really an appropriate way to resolve any issue here. You've posted some evidence, but it seems you never gave Linda a chance to respond. Please don't rant and rave on and on and pick fights with people - if you have a problem with someones work, PM an admin and speak to us about it, or simply post once, and ask the artist to respond. It's more dignified and spares the rest of us from having to read endless diatribes that simply make the entire issue far uglier than necessary.

Thread Closed share thread