Infiltrator Released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Infiltrator Released

We released our series Infiltrator today- we also did an interview for those interested. This is a Terminator Fan Film:
Go here to view our film directly INFILTRATOR
Go here to see Interview Landing

Last edited by CKPinson : 6 Days Ago at 05:56 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
In case anyone is interested in more information here is a link to our website:
https://www.teksynprojects.org/

Old 6 Days Ago   #3
I can't see the video, maybe it's because i'm in Italy ?

Old 6 Days Ago   #4
Something about CGSociety's built in Youtube embedder didn't like my link but if you click on Infiltrator then it'll take you there or simply go here:
https://youtu.be/yHznwI74Atw

If you can get to Youtube and stream videos then you should have no problem watching this one.

Old 6 Days Ago   #5
Also our video comes up as Top Result in search engines as "infiltrator fan film" as well as in Youtube- we also have a FB Page which ishttps://www.facebook.com/TeksynProjects/

Old 5 Days Ago   #6
Thanks ! Much appreciated ! I've seen the vid ! Not bad for a low cost production !

Old 5 Days Ago   #7
Thank you kindly. We had to do this around everyone's day jobs and personal lives with our own money. It was the best experience in my life.

Old 4 Days Ago   #8
Top one is original less refined version.

Render of WASP from film. Yes it's a bit more refined due to time constraints for the film. Shader is 100% procedural.

Old 4 Days Ago   #9
I didn't watch the whole video, but the low-contrast cinematography really takes away from the readability of the shots.

I would re-grade this production in suitable software so as to make the black tones more black and the white tones more white.

You could also try adding some fine grain and re-sampling the framerate to 20 FPS or so and uploading to Youtube that way, instead of 30 FPS.

That would get rid of some of the "video motion look" that you have going on, and might give you a more cinematic feel.

Old 4 Days Ago   #10
Great pointers and I honestly wanted to use Vimeo or a different more high fidelity delivery method. I also agree on the capture quality and the range for correction is small because of the contrast. My responsibilities on this project stretched me very thin so for the time I had I did what I could. I would've loved to have finished my T-800 build and future environment but time prohibited that once it became clear I was 3d modeler, rigger, renderer, animator and 2d compositor, visual fx, continuity correction, tracking, removing and on... I'm happy and proud of the results considering I did all of that alone and with the pressure of time for release by people that don't completely comprehend that work load not to mention I didn't get paid and have a day job. I'd been more happy with just doing the 3d portion and hitting the quality level I wanted but the 2d artist didn't end up being very knowledgeable or talented or reliable. I wish you would've finished it so that I could've gotten a more complete critique from you but thanks nonetheless for your time and opinion.

Old 2 Days Ago   #11
Also wanted to mention I did everything from my Surface Pro 3- 2k on a 12 inch monitor. Had to forget using my textures so that's why I went procedural.

reply share thread