Xgen question

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

06 June 2018
Xgen question

Hello everyone. This is my first post as I'm new to the Maya community. I am starting to learn Hair and the question I have is in how do you guys tackle re-using hairstyles you create from charater to character. I had given thought to starting with a hair cap and when its finished saving the hair cap as it's own asset. Is this a proper way to approach this? I was thinking that it would be very easy to fit the hair cap on another figure instead of applying the description to the character itself. If there is a discussion or tutorial somewhere that covers this particular topic, could someone point me in the right direction to find it?  Thanks! 

06 June 2018
yes thats one way todo it.. just reference the scalp in and create a blendshape for it to fit the new head...
or export the groom and import it onto the new geo... in this case you have to redo the guides and masks... 

06 June 2018
you can export the guides to curves and then bring those curves back in and convert them back to guides as well..

If the scalp topology is the same, as well as the UV's the maps and masks can still work as well.

reply share thread