CGTalk > WIP > Collaborative Projects
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 08-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
chaosngn
portfolio
USA

Equilibrium MMORPG Seeking Scripters/Artists for Eventual Kickstarter

Itís the 53rd century, and time is collapsing. Through a series of targeted attacks, warring factions have caused alternate realities to spin off from the primary timeline. This has resulted in strange races, alternate histories, and an unstable universe that is collapsing in on itself.

As these fissures in time are detected, entire civilizations, races of evolved species, and hand-picked mercenaries who are in danger of being erased from time forever pledge their lives to stop the impending destruction of the universe. Or, worse yet, to destroy it in a bid for ultimate control.

Lindbergh's America, a triumphant South in the Civil War, the assassination of Adolph Hitler, the modern Roman Empire, the A.I. Wars. They all await you to repair or to ensure.

Gunslingers, Zen Assassins, Pyromaniacs, WWII Troopers, Cryomancers, and Crusaders. Oh, my!

My name is James "Walsingham" Weeks previously of Trion Worlds I am the Creative Director on Equilibrium: Chrono Wars.

I have worked on the Community Team and directly with the devs and producers on RIFT, End of Nations, and Defiance. As such, we have an inner knowledge as to the processes and workflow involved. We also have many contacts within gaming media.

We are seeking various folks to begin work on a new project destined for Kickstarter. We have seats available for qualified and talented individuals, and currently maintain a roster of 40+ on the team. We have members on our team that have worked on projects for EA, Bioware, Trion Worlds, LucasArts, and Origin (Ultima Online) on such titles as Dragon Age 2, SWTOR, RIFT, and more.

As no one else is doing an MMO of this nature (and to our knowledge ever has), it's a bit hush hush. We are definitely playing this one close to the vest. All that I can say is that this game will likely touch every aspect of every genre, and therefore, if designed well, will have a good amount of appeal. Think Harry Turtledove meets Doctor Who.

Production has begun on coding character abillities and inventory, the UI, world environments, and assets. We hope to have one dungeon completed before the crowd funding begins. Two zones are currently being constructed.

We plan for the game to be as fan-driven as possible, with no goals whatsoever of being a "WoW-killer," however we do feel that the premise for the game is very, very unique. If we build it, they will come.

You can find more at:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/equilibriumgame

Website (in development): www.equilibriumgame.com

mmorpg.com blurb: http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/...-Announced.html

We are currently in need of:

Script Wizards / Engineers (experience with Hero Script a bonus)

Environment Artists (with at least one proficient in city building)

Animator / Rigger

Content Designers (objects and non-operational vehicles, etc.)

UI Artist/Designer

That being said, if anyone feels their expertise could be of use, we are more than happy to talk with you.

Our priority at the moment is environment and animation.

If anyone would like to put their time into the project, and would like to know more, please feel free to contact me at weeks@outlook.com. Email is definitely the best way to reach me.

I guarantee this is unlike anything you have worked on before.

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread