cgkid123
Veteran
portfolio
cgkid
Droitwich, United Kingdom

New book! The Swordmaster - In 3ds Max and ZBrush

3DTotal have launched their latest book The Swordmaster - In 3ds Max and ZBrush
Buy the book from 3DTotal here: http://bit.ly/10G0UhF

Follow in an experienced character artistís footsteps to create a breathtaking low poly game character fit for any portfolio.

3D Masterclass: The Swordmaster in 3ds Max and ZBrush offers a truly comprehensive, step-by-step guide to modeling, sculpting, unwrapping, texturing and rendering a low poly game character. Each chapter is broken down into bite-sized steps that leave no setting or process unexplained, allowing aspiring modelers to learn at their own pace and develop a solid understanding of the character creation process. The professional workflow detailed in this book is typical of the games design industry and anyone looking to produce a portfolio-worthy character will benefit from talented character artist Gavin Gouldenís extensive experience in this field.

About the Author
After attending the Center for Arts and Technology, Gavin Goulden moved west to begin his career in the video games industry. Gavin began his career as a generalist for Magellan Interactive, then moved on to Piranha Games to work on multiple first-person titles. After years of working with Piranha, Gavin decide to take the leap and become a full-time freelance artist. It was during this time that he was able to dabble in multiple styles and genres, contributing to titles such as: Dragon Age, FEAR 2, Rock Band 2, Damnation, Fallen Empire: Legions (now Legions: Overdrive), and many other unannounced projects. Feeling the need to be part of a team again, Gavin joined Blue Castle Games/Capcom Vancouver as a character artist on the titles The Bigs 2 and Dead Rising 2. After completing work with Capcom, Gavin moved on to Irrational Games in Boston, Massachusetts where he is currently a character artist on the upcoming title Bioshock Infinite.

Buy the book from 3DTotal here: http://bit.ly/10G0UhF

Old 05-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Dillster
Always Learning

portfolio
Dylan Saunders
Student
Still in college
Dublin, Ireland

I would have liked to see a few sample pages in that link, to see what the quality and layout was like. Having said that, it seems like great value for £15. I've paid double that for similar kinds of books, and also for school books.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
cgkid123
Veteran
portfolio
cgkid
Droitwich, United Kingdom

If you click the link to the 3DTotal shop here: http://bit.ly/17uQZnK you can see the flip-book preview of the book

Old 05-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
Dillster
Always Learning

portfolio
Dylan Saunders
Student
Still in college
Dublin, Ireland

Thanks, I didn't see that first time I visited the link.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread