Help! Exporting Texture Maps 3D Elements

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Unhappy Help! Exporting Texture Maps 3D Elements

I'm brand new to Zbrush so I don't really know much about it besides what I have watched online. I'm interning with a company and they wanted me to model a virus for them using Maya and Zbrush. I modeled it in Maya first and then I brought it into Zbrush to texture it.

Here's a comparison of the virus I modeled and textured to the actual virus:

Mine is on the left hand side.

Now, I need to export it into After Effects and bring it into 3D Elements. I can import the model just fine but I'm having trouble applying the texture. I tried checking on auto-normals, changing the Texture Mapping, and Adjusting the UV Repeat and Offset but it doesn't come close to what I had. I used the UV Master plugin to unwrap the UVs but I guess I don't really understand how it works that well. Again, I'm a complete beginner when it comes to Zbrush. I'm assuming that I should somehow export the normals with the object? I'm not sure how. I just want to apply the texture perfectly onto the object in 3D Elements.

I really need help because my supervisors are getting a bit frustrated with me because they want this done but I feel like I've tried everything :[

Here's a picture of what my polypaint texture map looks like:

08 August 2013
Did you unwrap the UVs in Maya first?

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread