Add Signature?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
Add Signature?

Hey,

when are the users able to post with a signature?

I've noticed a few people (myself included) who aren't able to do so.

is there some place I didin't see that states the minimum requirements?

Last edited by Xistel : 08 August 2012 at 11:47 PM.

08 August 2012
anyone? please?

08 August 2012
I'm not sure but I think it could be something that activates after we reach a certain post count. A lot of forums do that to keep out signature spammers.

08 August 2012
Sorry, there was a change made not too long ago regarding signatures and it took me awhile to find the post. Here's the new rule:
Quote: Signatures have been disabled for the usergroup "New registered users" (ie users with fewer than two posts) and "Registered users" (people who have been here for fewer than 100 days, or with fewer than 100 posts - whichever passes first).

• New users have to make 2 posts to be removed from the "new registered users" group and placed into the "registered users" group.
  • "Registered users" must make 100 posts or be a member longer than 100 days (whichever occurs first), before being allowed to create/edit a signature.

I see you have been a member since 2008, so I don't understand why you are not able to create a signature. May be something wrong with your user profile, which I (unfortunately) do not have to authority to correct.

08 August 2012
The same thing happens to me. I've been registered since 2008 and can't see the option to see or edit my signature.

I think I was able to edit it at some point because it's visible at my user profile page here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?userid=340186

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by Kirt: I see you have been a member since 2008, so I don't understand why you are not able to create a signature. May be something wrong with your user profile, which I (unfortunately) do not have to authority to correct.

Thanks for your input. Who should I talk to to get this fixed?

Maybe I should delete my account and start a new one?

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by Xistel: Maybe I should delete my account and start a new one?

And then you'll probably be in the same situation. Hang tight, I have forwarded a message to someone who may be able to fix it.

08 August 2012
I was already wondering what happened to my signature, thanks for clearing that up! Any news regarding this bug yet?

Cheers

08 August 2012
I thiiiiiiiink I've managed to fix this. Can one of you let me know if you're still unable to edit your signature?

08 August 2012
Thanks, Leigh! It works perfectly now.

08 August 2012
Excellent!

08 August 2012
Thanks! works great now!

08 August 2012
Yay, thanks!

08 August 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread